1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Molt weirdo

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by majorocarina, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Advertisement
    ok, so this might be dumb, however, I'm very new to this hobby.

This is my Lasiodora (P)?, although I was sold it as an itubunae. Well this is the first molting process I've EVER experienced and from my research, I was under the impression that T's are very slow and stagnant when they are in pre-molt. Well this crazy T is being really weird today. It's abdomen got very dark a few days ago. Before, it was a pale color and I could see it quite clearly because it's an aggressive little hair kicker. It has been refusing food for a couple weeks now. Well today, it has been climbing the most it ever has, walking around it's enclosure and has been extremely active. What the hell is going on? Did I get some outer space alien arachnid or is this just a typical thing that no one seems to share?

Thanks for helping this noob out

Attached Files:

2. WildSpider

WildSpider Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
    From what you say, I'm guessing you're right that it is in premolt. Whether a T slows down or not really seems to just depend on the individual. Some will even eat the day before they molt. I've had mine for about a year now and it doesn't seem to really slow down when its in premolt either.

Wish you luck when it finally does molt.