Molt weirdo

majorocarina

Arachnopeon
ok, so this might be dumb, however, I'm very new to this hobby.

This is my Lasiodora (P)?, although I was sold it as an itubunae. Well this is the first molting process I've EVER experienced and from my research, I was under the impression that T's are very slow and stagnant when they are in pre-molt. Well this crazy T is being really weird today. It's abdomen got very dark a few days ago. Before, it was a pale color and I could see it quite clearly because it's an aggressive little hair kicker. It has been refusing food for a couple weeks now. Well today, it has been climbing the most it ever has, walking around it's enclosure and has been extremely active. What the hell is going on? Did I get some outer space alien arachnid or is this just a typical thing that no one seems to share?

Thanks for helping this noob out

Attachments

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
ok, so this might be dumb, however, I'm very new to this hobby.

This is my Lasiodora (P)?, although I was sold it as an itubunae. Well this is the first molting process I've EVER experienced and from my research, I was under the impression that T's are very slow and stagnant when they are in pre-molt. Well this crazy T is being really weird today. It's abdomen got very dark a few days ago. Before, it was a pale color and I could see it quite clearly because it's an aggressive little hair kicker. It has been refusing food for a couple weeks now. Well today, it has been climbing the most it ever has, walking around it's enclosure and has been extremely active. What the hell is going on? Did I get some outer space alien arachnid or is this just a typical thing that no one seems to share?

Thanks for helping this noob out
From what you say, I'm guessing you're right that it is in premolt. Whether a T slows down or not really seems to just depend on the individual. Some will even eat the day before they molt. I've had mine for about a year now and it doesn't seem to really slow down when its in premolt either.

Wish you luck when it finally does molt.