1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mold...

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Cas S, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Cas S

Cas S Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    My O aureotibialis got mold on its cage, what do i do? I only have that one enclosure for it 20190210_214325.jpg 20190210_214315.jpg

2. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnobaron Active Member

stop giving the mold water? :sour:

ventilation does wonders, I also recommend a cleaning crew.

you should check out the Bonia mold thread, really good thread

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. MissouriArachnophile

MissouriArachnophile Arachnoknight Active Member

Add ventilation and springtails. Scoop it out if you want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Cas S

Cas S Arachnosquire

Yeah i agree about the water, i can't add ventilation and have never watered it, idk why it stays there. Ill add some springtails

5. Tessa Clifton

Tessa Clifton Arachnopeon Active Member

try reducing the temperature a bit. I noticed with some of my enclosures with worse ventilation, that when it was really hot outside (and in my house) they tended to get quite a bit more humid. Don't freeze your T, but it might help some.

6. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnobaron Active Member

this is very unnecessary. spot cleaning would probably be better and easier

7. Cas S

Cas S Arachnosquire

So should i just scoop it out and then add springs?

8. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

That sounds like a logical way of removing something, or use forceps. Whatever works for you, this isn’t rocket science. ;)

9. Tessa Clifton

Tessa Clifton Arachnopeon Active Member

i'm not saying that spot cleaning wouldn't be easier and better. But as a last resort, temp control couldn't hurt. Probably should have specified that in my original post. lol. Its just something i've noticed with my T's.

10. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoworm Staff Member

Or just do nothing. The vast majority of my enclosures have mold. A couple have a sprouting mushroom right now. Just pluck out what you can and forget about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Cas S

Cas S Arachnosquire

Last night i just added the springtails, i might pick it out with tweezers tho

Pretty much just wanted to know if it was dangerous

12. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Old Timer

Same. I love to see what grows! I don't have any mushrooms though ): Just fungi.