MM OBT LOOSE IN MY BEDROOM. BEHAVIOR???

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
lol this sounds like the beginning of an ARG like the next update is going to be "i woke up this morning and found this" and a pic of your floor with a hexadecimal code written on it with dirt :rofl:

ItzXskrilla

Arachnopeon
Sorry for your lost pet. I know fully what you are going through and it’s uncomfortable as all hell. I had a 2” P. Rufilata bolt during a rehouse in my living room. Wife and I turned the house upside down that night. At the time my son was 3, the wifey and child stayed in hotel until I found it or was going to have a perfessonal extermination company come in. Only then they would return home.
I set my alarm for 2am every morning and searched in the dark. Night 3 and 300$ in hotel rooms and one pissed off wife, I found it hanging out on the wall we’re the ceiling meets the exposed roof structure.
I rehouse everything in bath tub and seal all holes and faucets, catch cup next to cage. I hope you find your pet for your sanity because I know what this feels like. Fortunately for my case it’s arboreal and I figured it would go up, rather than stay down on the floor.
Seal of your room so you keep it localized, don’t want it escaping into other rooms, wake up at night and search with a red light. Don’t give up. You will find it, it will come out when it hungry.
I like the idea of putting a cage on its side with a hide and some damp sub.
Good luck to you!

PetrZ

Arachnopeon
Sorry for your lost pet. I know fully what you are going through and it’s uncomfortable as all hell. I had a 2” P. Rufilata bolt during a rehouse in my living room. Wife and I turned the house upside down that night. At the time my son was 3, the wifey and child stayed in hotel until I found it or was going to have a perfessonal extermination company come in. Only then they would return home.
I set my alarm for 2am every morning and searched in the dark. Night 3 and 300$ in hotel rooms and one pissed off wife, I found it hanging out on the wall we’re the ceiling meets the exposed roof structure.
I rehouse everything in bath tub and seal all holes and faucets, catch cup next to cage. I hope you find your pet for your sanity because I know what this feels like. Fortunately for my case it’s arboreal and I figured it would go up, rather than stay down on the floor.
Seal of your room so you keep it localized, don’t want it escaping into other rooms, wake up at night and search with a red light. Don’t give up. You will find it, it will come out when it hungry.
I like the idea of putting a cage on its side with a hide and some damp sub.
Good luck to you!
Depends on color variation, but it is extremely hard to watch OBT under red light. I have red/orange form and you see nothing even looking directly at them :-(

Dovey

Arachnobaron
No indeed, I think we've reached the waiting game phase of this search. Just going to have to hope he turns up in some obvious way, visually, rather than my finding him when I slide my hand into a coat pocket!

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
No indeed, I think we've reached the waiting game phase of this search. Just going to have to hope he turns up in some obvious way, visually, rather than my finding him when I slide my hand into a coat pocket!
Try behind shelves and dressers if you haven't already and look for signs of possible webbing. Good luck lol. Maybe try to wear some gardener gloves and look around.

PetrZ

Arachnopeon
Maybe, you could try to seal all holes and openings and flood your house :) :)

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Oh this ffff video with it's ridiculous terror-music and SFX... :banghead:
Ikr

Here's a nice bit of reading to enjoy the experience waiting for your obt to come from an unknown place

lol this sounds like the beginning of an ARG like the next update is going to be "i woke up this morning and found this" and a pic of your floor with a hexadecimal code written on it with dirt :rofl:
Hang on I think the word "OBT" is our first clue... o is the 15th letter of the alphabet b is the second letter of the alphabet and T is the 20th letter of the alphabet... 15220... what does it mean...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Hang on I think the word "OBT" is our first clue... o is the 15th letter of the alphabet b is the second letter of the alphabet and T is the 20th letter of the alphabet... 15220... what does it mean...
I've actually been considering starting an ARG on here but I don't think it would be very fun to deal with the mods when it's revealed it was all fiction. But I do think it would be a unique way to do an ARG

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Well this sounds like a living nightmare... I'm just going to say good luck, I hope you find the OBT with you both safe and sound.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well this sounds like a living nightmare...
No, don't think that. It's a crappy situation because 'you' are aware of that, 'your' error, whatever, and, overall... that shouldn't happened. But, as far the risk of bites etc chances are very, very low.

Now I can't explain to you the whole story, but for make a long story short, I've lived with a Scolopendra subspinipes (bite is brutal, eh) on the loose (but I wasn't aware of that) for three months (lol) and nothing never happened. And I have four cats.