MM G. pulchra incoming

Yrrej

Arachnopeon
So i bought a g. pulchra male in premolt recently and Im planning to breed him with a mature female from a breeder that I know once he matures. The question is:
What should I do after he matures?should I still feed him after the exo hardens or feed him after he made a sperm web?
This is my first time in caring for an upcoming mature male in my collection and I want him to have the best chance in mating with a female. G. pulchra is super rare in my country

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
So i bought a g. pulchra male in premolt recently and Im planning to breed him with a mature female from a breeder that I know once he matures. The question is:
What should I do after he matures?should I still feed him after the exo hardens or feed him after he made a sperm web?
This is my first time in caring for an upcoming mature male in my collection and I want him to have the best chance in mating with a female. G. pulchra is super rare in my country
Definitely feed him once he hardens, you don't need to wait for him to build a sperm web before you feed.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I see, but once he builds one should i even attempt to feed?
Yes, he may refuse to eat, but you should continue to offer prey weekly. Males won't last long on their final molt if they aren't getting fed.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Can't males live for up to a year after the final molt? If so there should be a meal in there somewhere :)