Miticide question

lmactans

Arachnopeon
One of my snakes has mites, and I finished treating all the snakes in the room with both Reptile Relief and Provent A Mite, after moving all of my inverts out of the room. My question is, when is it safe to move them back in? It has been two days since I sprayed anything.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Provent's active ingredient is permethrin which is residual. Read up on that stuff.

lmactans

Arachnopeon
I have done some research, and still haven't found my answer. My question is when will it be safe to put my tarantulas back in the room that was sprayed? I'm currently testing it with a few crickets, to see if anything happens to them.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would be extra cautious with that. I have heard of friends using permethrin to coat hunting clothes and it repelling insects all season. The permethrin they use is more concentrated so can not give a timeline on how long it will stay effective. What's really bad is these companies are misleading people on how safe these products are. Always read ingredients, side effects,and all small print. If you have cats take extra caution permethrin has been known to be harmful to them they are more sensitive to it. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...bgU24GX8qJZ6njojw&sig2=v10Qw8xj5NZKH5RUTnhaOg I guess if these companies were totally honest the words harmful would be in big letters on the front followed by use at your own risk. Not trying to scare you just trying to inform you. Hopefully everything will work out for you

Methal

Arachnosquire
I would recommend getting a really good air purifier with a filter that can capture very fine/microscopic particlesc and run that sucker while vacuuming down the room. Might wanna take a damp cloth and hit the walls with it as well.

I have a neighbor who sprayed the outside of his windows recently and killed off his new collection (3 Ts) just from opening the window a few days later. I know this is not the same thing, but the guys doing the spraying assured him that it wouldn't kill, just repel insects.
people lie to make a buck around here it seems.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I would recommend getting a really good air purifier with a filter that can capture very fine/microscopic particlesc and run that sucker while vacuuming down the room. Might wanna take a damp cloth and hit the walls with it as well.

I have a neighbor who sprayed the outside of his windows recently and killed off his new collection (3 Ts) just from opening the window a few days later. I know this is not the same thing, but the guys doing the spraying assured him that it wouldn't kill, just repel insects.
people lie to make a buck around here it seems.
Well, they might not have been lying. The insects in the wild here in the US are going to be a little more resistant to commonly used poisons. The Ts will not have that advantage, so what might not bother a small wild bug may kill or cripple your captive T.