Mites or springtails???

Keke713

Arachnoknight
So doing my nightly check on my cresties terrarium and noticed these little guys on his poop. I do have isopods and springtails in his enclosure so I’m wondering if maybe these are mites? If anyone can help me out it would be really appreciated. 51EF4250-C162-4843-A7D2-DBF92BA24E6A.jpeg

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
It is mites, but I would not worry about them. I have mites pop up from time to time in cages with springtails and isopods present. Usually the fluctuation of edible things(molds, dead insect parts, rotting plant matter....) your cleanup crews is also great for mites. It usually is when the colonies of springs and isopods start declining that these guys thrive. They are a pain for folks to see, but I have yet to have any mites pose any threat to my T's. Also if you see them pick up the ones you see and discard them. If I see a batch somewhere I squish them on site.

Keke713

Arachnoknight
It is mites, but I would not worry about them. I have mites pop up from time to time in cages with springtails and isopods present. Usually the fluctuation of edible things(molds, dead insect parts, rotting plant matter....) your cleanup crews is also great for mites. It usually is when the colonies of springs and isopods start declining that these guys thrive. They are a pain for folks to see, but I have yet to have any mites pose any threat to my T's. Also if you see them pick up the ones you see and discard them. If I see a batch somewhere I squish them on site.
Ok cool that’s reliving! So do you think it’s best that I add more springtails?

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Yep, I add more to compete with the undesirable mites. Even though the mites serve the same purpose I like the pods and springs better.

Keke713

Arachnoknight
Ok sounds good I will do that tonight! Thank you guys! Had me a little worried!