Mites in my B. Albo's enclosure

Passage500

Arachnopeon
So I have a 1/2 inch B. Albo sling and I have had it for about 2 months now. "She" is in a jaimes tarantulas sling enclosure. I have been feeding her fruit flies and today I noticed what seem to be mites in her enclosure. Surely enough the fly culture is nearly dead after only a week (leading me to believe the mites got there through the flies). I only saw the mites on her water dish which I quickly took out. This is the first time I have ever had mites in a T's enclosure. Other than removing and cleaning the water dish what else should I do to fix the situation? I dont see any other mites but you never know. Also is there something I should be doing to the spider as she is very tiny.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Let the substrate dry out for a bit. Mites do not thrive in dry conditions.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
i feel like it should also be mentioned that Flightless fruit flies are generally accepted as being an inadequate food source for tarantulas.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
So I have a 1/2 inch B. Albo sling and I have had it for about 2 months now. "She" is in a jaimes tarantulas sling enclosure. [...] Also is there something I should be doing to the spider as she is very tiny.
Post some pictures, please. From what I've seen Jaime's enclosures are actually too big for tiny spiders. It's probably best to rehouse your little one into a small condiment cup anyway. I wouldn't like to dry out an enclosure with tiny slings in it, because they actually need it a bit moist. With bigger spiders it's absolutely no problem and the best way to get rid of mites.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Unless the mites are actually on your T, they are likely harmless clean up crew and pose no threat.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Common grain mites in sufficient numbers irritate Ts, trust me I've seen it happen in person. I've posted about this.
Oh, I do not doubt this! If there is a mite infestation for some reason, I am sure it is very stressful to a T.