Misting ?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I do my pokies once a week. I personally think they can be kept a lot drier then once thought and they still do just fine. But that is just my opinion.
You can provide a water dish for back up as well. I don’t but I know many do.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont mist any of mine. I will pour water directly on the substrate once in awhile

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont mist any of mine. I will pour water directly on the substrate once in awhile
A good reason to mist arboreal enclosures is to allow them a chance to drink from the sides or off the decorations. Often they will not descend to drink and few folks supply elevated drinking dishes.
Rev

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A good reason to mist arboreal enclosures is to allow them a chance to drink from the sides or off the decorations. Often they will not descend to drink and few folks supply elevated drinking dishes.
Rev
I do..................

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I do..................
me too, but we are exceptions and have been doing this a long time pokiecollector isn't or wouldn't have asked so we must remember to give experience appropriate advise or explain the detail of why when we don't.
Rev

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Actually they will descend and drink out of a water dish alot more than you would think. When the lights are off at night you would be surprised where all I have found mine. I even see mine on the substrate when I get up in the middle of the night. I really dont it is all that necessary to hang a water cup up high because I have seen some of mine drinking from a water dish on the substrate.
Remember that these things come out at night and move around alot more than you would think.