Missing Telson

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I noticed lastnight that my female black emp. is missing her telson (kinda looks like it broke off). She didn't seem to be too upset by it, it wasn't bleeding in any way. Is this a concern? She is an adult, so does this mean she will live the rest of her life without a telson?

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
If your scorp is an adult it will not grow a new one as they don't molt after reaching maturity unlike Tarantulas do. If she is not loosing hemolyph and seems as active as 'normal' then she is probably ok. Emps almost never use their sting to subdue their prey so she should be fine.

John
];')

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
If your scorp is an adult it will not grow a new one as they don't molt after reaching maturity unlike Tarantulas do. If she is not loosing hemolyph and seems as active as 'normal' then she is probably ok. Emps almost never use their sting to subdue their prey so she should be fine.

John
];')
Thanks John. She is an adult (had a couple batches of babies), so I guess I will have to get use to seeing her without her sting. She is acting as 'normal' as she always has. The only time I have seen her use her sting was against my male who just wouldn't leave her alone. Could the male have gotten tired of her attitude and eaten it? =D (just kidding of course)

Erin

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Its possible she lost it in an arguement with the male. At least from what you told me it seem entirely possible. Don't know how else it could of happened.

John
];')