Missing P.Metallica :(

Tigersfan202

Arachnopeon
Hey guess i'm new posting here but just wanted to tell a quick a sad story about one of my T's. Well me and my roommate ordered the beautiful Gooty and when it arrived we were thrilled. On day 3 or 4 I came home on my lunch break (around 12:30 am ) as I do 6pm-6am shifts. Well when I got home for lunch I saw the little dude chilling and everything was great. Its just a little 3/4" sling and it was able to slip out of its small critticreeper after I went back to work. When i got home my roommate and I looked heavily through the critticreeper, digging and sifting through the substrate but no luck. In fact one day I found it but then i woke up and it was just a dream.

Tigersfan202

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
that is a very expensive spider to lose! Don't give up on searching for it!

I had my P. regalis in a kritter keeper for only a day until I got her set up in her new enclosure. They can slip through kk slots very easily.

If you do find it, make sure to put it in something OTHER than a KK. Denver has a container store and you can buy these and drill holes in them for ventilation. Make sure the holes are very tiny, and you have to be careful while drilling because you can crack the acrylic really easily. The containers themselves range from 59 cents to $3.00.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
KK's are not good for spiders under 3"- the vents are large enough for them to slip through. An expensive lessson to learn - but now you know. Hope you find it.

exitium

Arachnopeon
I'm very sorry to hear that. I'd be tearing my place apart to find it! Under appliances, in closets, the walls and corners of the ceiling~everywhere. Don't give up hope just yet! I once read somewhere that if you leave a small dish of water in the center of the room and turn the lights out, they will sometimes go for the water during the night. I hope you find it. It's so important to make sure those air holes are small enough so they can't squeeze thru! Good luck

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow I'm sorry .......are you still looking for it? I know I would be lol

I also use kk for a lot of my T's .......when my T's get 1.5 to 2" I put them in a small kk ......never had a problem with them getting out.......but with a 3/4" ya I'm sure it might find it's way out .......also some people take the handles off and then you have 2 good size holes......and thats why if you do take the handles off make sure to fill those holes with glue or something....now there are also some fake kk or copies that do have bigger holes/slites so just know what you buying

best of luck and hope you find it

loganhopeless

Arachnosquire
I found it works to put out their water dish, the one in the enclosure, and check every hour throughout the night.. That's how I found an Avic that escaped after 3 days! But I doubt you have a dish yet for the little guy. Sorry to hear, hope you find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Athenas Boy

Arachnosquire
Idk if you found it or not yet but I've read that if you scrunch up paper towels and leave them along corners and such you might find the T chilling in it. They like the enclosed space so I guess it makes sense. Good luck and don't loose hope! I've read of someone finding a lost T in their house years later.