Mining Red Claw Enclosure

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a red claw that is such a miner. I was taking pictures of the enclosure and I thought you all might like to see them. The set up is 2 inches of gravel beneath some nice peat, say four inches. I have a water tube to one side and keep the humidity quite high, say 90%. This critter just dug to the bottom and brought up much of the gravel and spread it about the enclosure. He dug a small tunnel beneath a pot shard where he beds. I don't see the scorpion too often and when I do he's lurking about for a meal worm or rolling a rock around. I just find it interesting that the scorpion spends tremendous energy and time moving rocks around. I took out the decorations and plants so you can see the substrate.
Just thought you might get a kick out of it.
Kelly

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
*lol* None of mine have ever even shown the slightest bit of interest when it comes to moving rocks around the enclosures. What you have is a Caterpillar ... bulldozer. Great pics.

adios,
edw. =D

wsimms

Arachnodaddy
Old Timer
My emps have done the same thing...they have dragged out about 100 pieces of gravel from under the substrate and have scattered them all over the cage. They only started this project when I let the humidity drop to 70%. Of the four, I now see only one on rare occasions. They have all become recluses.

W