Millipedes and house centipede?

WolfieWoofs

Arachnopeon
I recently took a pair of female desert millipedes (Orthoporus ornatus) off of a coworker. I have a decently sized male house centipede (Scutigera coleoptrata) that I rescued from one of my cats that’s been hanging out in an old betta tank since it’s been too cold to release him even in my basement. Would it be a terrible idea to put him in the tank with the millipedes? I doubt he’d exhibit any predatory behaviors with 6 inch millipedes since he’s reluctant to capture prey most days but I figured someone would have an answer for me. Giving him some extra room would be neat and I’ve kept him at the same levels of humidity/temperature as them for almost a year now.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
I doubt the centipede will cause problems for the millipedes, he's too small and his mouthparts cannot pierce millipede exoskeleton.

However, when he molts, the centipede will be unable to move for a while, and the millipedes may take advantage of this and eat him for some extra protein. Also, in the case that the centipede's fast movements startle the millipede, they could discharge their defensive liquid and severely damage the centipede.

I think it would be best to keep them separate but if you really want to it would be safe for a short while, especially if the centipede has a place to hide.