Millipede ID from Book Cover

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What kind of millipede is it on the lower right corner of the book cover of Giant Millipedes : The Enthusiasts Handbook. The pic is on Elytra and ANtenna website or in this other thread :

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=46686&highlight=millipede

I dont have my own copy as of yet, nor have i had a chance to read it and i am really curious as to the spp of the pede.

Question # 2: WHo has some they wanna sell ????:D

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It looks like a Vietnamese rainbow millipede, but I could be wrong (hard to tell without knowing the size). FunnyLori had one for a couple weeks before it died :(.

It_lives!

Arachnopeon
I know that Swifts had them a long time ago along with a ton of others, but there collection of milli's have decreased a lot. Maybe you could e-mail them and ask if they are getting any more???

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I guess its quite possibly a Vietnamese Rainbow. Its colors are so much more seperated and the white more pronounced than the rainbows I have seen. Although all the ones I have seen have been photos and not necessarily the best photos either.

THanks for replies.

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As far as I remember at Diplopoda.de it is signed as a Aulacobolus rubropunctatus - Vietnamese/Rainbow milipede.

Check those two sites:
tropische Arten - go down till Juliformia: Spirobolida part
Photos

Regards
Greg

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Fanastic!

I had in fact looked at that page, but my original look at the thumbnail steered me clear of it. Once I enlarged the picture and looked closely it seems you are in fact right. :wall:

In the future I guess I should pay closer attention!

Thanks for the replies all.