Millipede at work

meeshka76

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, new to the forum and so glad to have found you all. My husband purchased me 2 millipedes as a gift (bumblee bee and a texas brown i believe.) My questioin is can i take them to work with me as a store pet. I work for a pool company and while i don't smell anything most of our customers come in saying they smell chlorine. I wasnt sure if anything in the air would cause damage to them. Thanks for any advise.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey guys, new to the forum and so glad to have found you all. My husband purchased me 2 millipedes as a gift (bumblee bee and a texas brown i believe.) My questioin is can i take them to work with me as a store pet. I work for a pool company and while i don't smell anything most of our customers come in saying they smell chlorine. I wasnt sure if anything in the air would cause damage to them. Thanks for any advise.
I wouldn't recommend it. Pool chemicals can be pretty potent. You are probably used to the smell because you work there every day, so you don't notice it as much.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
If it were me and I wanted them at work, I'd be willing to experiment, especially since those millipedes are not too costly. Perhaps bring one and if it is still happy after a few weeks, the other. After all, you all are working there! The environment can't be that dangerous.