Millipede at top corner of tank

chubbypuppy

Arachnopeon
My millipedes all seem to like climbing up the corners of my tank and sitting there for long periods of time. I have a piece of plastic wrap with holes poked in it on the top of the tank and then a mesh lid goes on top. Do they need more air? Or are they just weird? Getting a picture is a bit hard so I made an illustration.

Attachments

Bug Bane

Arachnopeon
I have a glass tank so they can’t even climb up. Is yours plastic? Are they new? If so are they bought or wild. Wild ones might need time to adjust to a smaller space and are trying to explore. Me assuming they are wild anyway.

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
If you have a glass tank with a lot of silicone, some species will climb it, one of my species would do this and not known how to get down, my suggestion is to make sure there are branches they can climb.

chubbypuppy

Arachnopeon
Its a glass tank with silicone in the corners. I have a tall branch in there but they don't seem to like it.

cecdog

Arachnopeon
My tank is the same with the silicone in the corners, and they climb up it all the time. I put a branch in there to help them get back down but sometimes they just drop with a soft thump. My plastic wrap completely seals the mesh so it's nearly airtight, but I make sure I open it for a few moments at least once a day. I think they just like climbing/exploring.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
The only time mine climb is when the sides have debris stuck to it. Even then, they just climb a little. So, yeah, yours are weird! If there is any texture at all, they can get a foothold and this can be dangerous it is high enough that a fall could damage their exos. Welcome to weird millipede keeping! :astonished: