milipede-keepers?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Just something i've noticed,....
almost all topics are centipede-related lately,....
where are all those milipede guys?????
or aren't their so much probs or intrest in milipedes?

nothing special,..just a call to all you milipede-hobbyist :D

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the problems in millipede keeping are realitivly small in opposition to centipedes. We deal with problem mites and sometimes fungus that gets a bit aggressive and too hot or cold weather during a typical year but for the most part they eat old plants and leaves and don't do much but look cool.:D Oh yea, and reproduce when happy.

Feri

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Steve, it is right what I was thinking about. I noticed that if someone starts a thread about a topic on millipedes then only few responses are posted. Millipedes are very good pet animals, they have a "face" with their eyes looking foreward. They are very docile. And some species have incredibly beautiful colours (fire millipedes, Puerto-rican white millipedes,...). Many species walk a lot on the surface, and it is very interesting to watch what they are doing.

Feri

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello J Morningstar. Though there are much less problems with millipedes (though there are species that do not breed in captivity), many of the topics dealing with centipedes are not about the problems but getting and identifying new species. There are many many millipede species that would be great to get and there must be many more not known to the hobby. If one of us travels to the tropics then he may take pictures or get specimens to talk about. The problem is that when people think of millipede keeping then they mainly think of AGBs in a plastik tank sometimes taken out to walk on us. Though they do not predate, do not catch pray, millipedes have interesting behaviours too.

Feri

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I'm an allround myriopods-hobbyist,....
so i can't just say wich are my favourite :D

@Feri,... got some pictures to show of your milipedes?
i'm very curious :}

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
and i like milli's too, in fact just got some red legs tonite and one yellow leg all females though:( so now me and the girls are on the lookout for males =D

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
here a picture of the other specie also how about some photos of other peoples millipedes=D =D =D

john

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
how about some photos of other peoples millipedes
good idea:D

guess most of you allready seen these,... just a quick grab of some of my pictures,.....

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steven,
The second pic' you had with the purplish little guys, I think I have them as well. Do you know "what" they are? At first I thought they were tiny baby AGB's but now I know their not. I do believe they come from Tanzania though.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by fatbloke
here a picture of the other specie also how about some photos of other peoples millipedes=D =D =D

You don't really want to see my millipedes again........DO YOU?
:? :D :D :D =D
I love taking pic's of my millipedes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or you can check out the pic's that I already posted.:(
Please some one ask me to take some pictures.:8o

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
The second pic' you had with the purplish little guys, I think I have them as well. Do you know "what" they are?
i bought them as Tanzanian Brown :rolleyes:
i keep them besides my CB A.Gigas and they def.aren't the same !!!

Please some one ask me to take some pictures.
I DEMAND YOU TO TAKE SOME PICTURES!!!!
no groupshots!!,... i want every specie in a differnt photoshoot and different pose :cool:

am i to demanding:8o :8o :8o ;) :D

Dracula

Arachnopeon
Come on you guys,the more photos the better and the more facts the more I learn.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like that first pic gongyles, what's the name of it and how much did you pay for it?

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by J Morningstar
Originally posted by fatbloke

Great pictures of millipedes! I'm a millifreak also, I raise AGB's and Florida Ivory Millipedes.

Off the topic, no such word as specie . Singular is species, plural is species. Hope you don't think I'm being too anal...just an informational moment.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I like that first pic gongyles, what's the name of it and how much did you pay for it?
Thanx and it's a vietnamese rainbow milipede don't know the scientific species name of it (still working on my english);)
and i got them from a local petshop for 5$ a piece.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
gongyles,
I have AGB's, and love 'em. Awesome millies. I'm really itching to try some others, but nobody sells anything but the AGB's here. As relatively cheap as millies are, the postage is a bit exhorbitant.
Of course, I'd be tickled pink if mine had babies. I know Botar has had success in this area.
Peace, light & eternal love..
Gillian
)0(

Feri

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Gillian,
If your AGBs are adult and you have both sexes then they will surely breed. Just place one (or more) piece of rotting log on the surface of the substrate and a few months after buying your millies take a look under the log(s) once or twice a day. You will find babies of different sizes. In this way you will not have to dig the substrate for the babies thus you can avoid hurting them.

Feri

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I raise AGBs as well. and all 3 are females, very lonely females I might add. Hopefully soon I'll be getting a male and there willl be 3 satisfied AGB playing in the oak leaves and under their partially decayed oak log :D