Milipede housing question

Datura

Arachnopeon
Out of curiosity can I house flame leg milipedes with my agbs since they are still rather small?

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
I personally don’t like housing different species of millipedes together for a variety of reasons, though I suppose it would be fine as long they aren’t competing for food or anything and they aren’t over crowded.

Datura

Arachnopeon
Sorry about the delayed response back but work kept me busy.

But the tank is rather huge it's I believe 40 gallons,with two rather small agbs in it.
They kinda stick to one side of it and it feels rather empty.

Just curious should i quarantine my new pedes when they arrive or not?

Not sure what kinds of things pedes can spread to one another...except basic stuff I've read up on.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
All millipedes of all kinds can be housed together safely, since they do not viciously compete with each other, plus, in a forty gallon terrarium, you could house literally hundreds of millipedes. And unless you are super paranoid about mites or parasites, or you have reason to believe there are dangerous parasites on new introductions, I would not worry about quarantining.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

Exoskelos

Arachnosquire
You may want to quarantine your pedes just for a few days, see if any are particularly lethargic or have a lot of leg rot. Usually this is not a major concern though.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I quarantine only millipedes that have been wild caught or those that have been kept in a bioactive environment (isopods, annelida, etc.). I put them in shallow substrate and change it once every 3 weeks for 12 weeks. I know I am at the far end of the spectrum here, but I am not TOOOOOO embarrassed. :embarrassed::(:shifty:o_O:shy: