1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe (www.spidershoppe.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Frostbyte, May 7, 2003.

1. Michael Jacobi

Michael Jacobi RETIRED/RARELY USE AB Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    I replied to your email yesterday informing you that I cannot look into this problem if you don't provide your actual name. I get a couple of hundred emails each day. Here again, you have given me no info except for your username (and your email address is also no clue). If you wish to post a review or voice a complaint, please sign your posts with your name. Anonymity doesn't aid customer service.

Best regards, Michael

2. pinkzebra

pinkzebra Arachnobaron

USA
    I have to publicly apologize for stating that it took 4 emails to get a response. It "only" took three. I didn't see the email that was sent to me since my last attempt at contact. I have been assured that I will receive an issue of the magazine soon. Thank you, I appreciate it.

Anonymous here but not in my emails.

3. pinkzebra

pinkzebra Arachnobaron

USA
    Now a POSITIVE

This issue has been solved to my extreme satisfaction. Thank you!!

4. swatc1h

swatc1h Arachnobaron Old Timer

CA
    Makes things easier through here seeing that i'm not the only one getting into (crazy emails) contact, well its reguarding LAOS the following mornng i sended out a amount of #####. swatc1h/r0bferrer@yahoo.com Rob F. DJ Jr. for short.

5. swatc1h

CA
    Things were suppose to plan out for last thrusday. If i had before then gave additional info for shipping on last message. My fault but michael im trying to get ahold of you.

6. Bekky

Bekky ArachnoViper

I'm sorry to hear that a few folks out there are having problems with Michael. I have been dealing with Michael on a professional level for a number of years now, and have always been satisfied with the services provided. Michael has always been a man of his word, and never mislead me in any way. All of the animals I have received from him have been the stated animals. I have been involved in breeding loans as well, and Michael is always honest and fair. As hopefully anyone can see, he will always try to do right by the people that entrust him with the care of their animals.

Best regards to all, Bekk

7. Jonathan

Jonathan Arachnoknight Old Timer

POSITIVE
    I recently purchased some female tarantula's, and an Aussie T from Micheal. You can really tell that he has been doing this for a long time. Everything, including the packaging was top notch. It is really a shame that such a professional is retiring.
    Jonathan

8. syndicate

syndicate Arachnoemperor Old Timer

USA
    positive
    just got some spiders in from spider-shoppe yesterday and they all arrived in great health.

9. swatc1h

CA
    I responded ASAP to the emails, is it on the spam box?. For now all i need is my full refund Michael.

PayPal $200.00 USD to r0bferrer@yahoo.com

Robert D.J

10. Arachnomaniac

Arachnomaniac Arachnopeon

5 months and still waiting

I sent Mr. Jacobi $20 thru paypal on July 10th as a preorder for his dvd "Tarantulas in the Terrarium." Since that time I have never heard from him and have been unable to reach him. Over the course of the last 5 months I have emailed him at least 5 times with no reply, tried to reach him thru these boards and also phoned him. The message on his phone states that his number,(the one listed on his website) is for "friends and family only, I left a message anyway but still no response. I'm not sure what happened here as I believed Mr. Jacobi to be a well respected member or this hobby/community. I know it is only $20 but I hate feeling ripped off.

11. Taceas

Taceas Arachnodemon

POSITIVE

Yet again Michael hasn't disappointed me. I ordered a juvenile Poecilotheria subfusca yesterday from him and he sent it the same day I ordered and made payment. It just arrived today in perfect shape. Beautiful specimen, tuboot.

Excellent critter, excellent packaging, excellent communication and smooth transaction.

I'm really sorry to see some of these negative reviews, but I guess you can't please everyone all the time.

12. siderdude

siderdude Arachnopeon

Positive

Order Went Thru Without A Hitch And They Were Beautiful Speciments.
    Will Order From Again In The Future.

13. swatc1h

CA
    RE: Shipping/Refund

Been almost TWO months and i've replyed couple of times to the original topic.....................:mad:

14. patexan

patexan Arachnopeon

Positive

I ordered The Tarantula by W.J. Baerg. The book was packed well and was shipped quickly. Thanks Michael for a great job.

15. mackids

mackids Arachnosquire Old Timer

+positive+

I received two spiders, P.Regalis, P.Formosa, from Michael. Communication, packaging and overall quality was excellent. It was a pleasure doing business with him!

16. Heather

Heather Arachnoknight

POSITIVE and then some!

I ordered my P. metallica from Michael on January 26th. Due to the cold weather the shipping was delayed for some time... but I recieved my beautifly Kimber!

Michael was a patient and very professional person! He sincerely cares about his critters and will do what is best for them! That, to me, is a very responsible seller!

Prices were very fair! If he offers any Pokies when I have the money I will not hesitate for one moment to make a purchase from him!

2 Thumbs Way UP!

Thank you Michael! Kimder is still hanging in there... made a web and we are awaiting the molt! :worship:

17. 138

138 Arachnoknight Old Timer

POSITIVE

although i wasn't expecting your packing method. all went well. thanks again! now i have a T from all 6 continentsi think...

18. SamtheMan

SamtheMan Arachnopeon

Positive

I received an impressively packed C. elegans "tobago" today in the mail. It was so well packed I almost had trouble getting it out of all the protective layers. Marvelous little gem of a spider, none the worse for wear.

19. 138

138 Arachnoknight Old Timer

another great packing job. thanks again Mchael! :D :D

20. hot pokie at an even hotter price.. great packaging gave me a few new ideas on my methods. no complaints, just recommendations..
    sorry for the delay in feedback, but im a slacker.
    Thanks again...