1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe (www.spidershoppe.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Frostbyte, May 7, 2003.

1. syndicate

syndicate Arachnoemperor Old Timer

USA
    Advertisement
    just recieved some books and supplys from michael in the mail yesterday.very happy with all of them and they shipped quickly.will def do biz with him again.hopefully order some t's next time :D
    highly recommended

2. becca81

becca81 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

POSITIVE!

This is the 2nd time I've bought tarantulas from Michael and everything was perfect, as usual!

He was incredibly patient with me and responded to all my emails very quickly (I think there were 17 emails back and forth!) and worked with me as I changed my mind from a pickup to delivery back to pickup. :)

I'd definitely buy from him in the future and would recommend him to anyone! I couldn't ask for better service!

3. warmark43

warmark43 Arachnopeon

Georgia
    Positive

I ordered three T's from Michael. He is taking care of them for me until the weather gets where he can ship them safely.Unlike most retailers, he doesn't ship until he knows the T's will be in great shape upon arrival at their destination. I trust him to care for my T's as if they were his own, and will until Spring if necessary.

4. JPD

JPD Arachnobaron Old Timer

Outstanding

I was involved in a three-way transaction with Michael and Frank Somma several months ago.
    The transaction went very smooth and Michael was extremely helpful throughout the entire process.
    During this time I had the opportunity to speak with Michael on several occasions and found him to be very intelligent and quite eloquent.
    While I have never made a purchase directly from him, I will obviously do so in the future.
    Truly a "King" in the industry.
    Thanks Michael

5. warmark43

warmark43 Arachnopeon

Georgia
    Positive

I just ordered supplies from Michael. Though there was a slight delay as that he was out of one of the items, they came in a timely manner and were extremely well packed. He let me know of the delay right away and when he expected the item to be back in stock. He is going to be speaking at Arachnocon, and I just wish I could go to hear him.

6. warmark43

warmark43 Arachnopeon

Georgia
    Positive

Finally the weather broke! Michael was able to ship the T's that I ordered in December. They arrived in good shape and well packed. A little cold but healthy, they warmed up quickly. I'm ordering more from him on the first of February.

7. warmark43

warmark43 Arachnopeon

Georgia
    Positive

I ordered supplies from Michael. They arrived in good shape and were well packed. Michael let me know that one item that I ordered was useless for T's, so I told him just to give me credit instead. It was just the fruitflies so it was no big deal. I trust Michael's opinion over a book's.

8. warmark43

warmark43 Arachnopeon

Georgia
    Positive

I ordered several spiderlings from Michael. They arrived in good shape except for one. That one was in good shape but the wrong spiderling. I informed Michael and he promised to send it with my next order and the one he shipped by mistake would be the freebie for that order. Hopefully, we will able to correct it soon.

9. pokiecollector

pokiecollector Arachnoknight

A+

Mr. Jacobi (Spider Shoppe) is a great dealer, has alot of selection to pick from, good prices, very knowledgeable and will help you with any questions you have, and in my opinion goes out of his way to make you happy, I recently did 2 transactions with him and you couldn't ask for a better price, spider, or help. Thanks alot Mr.Jacobi.

10. IguanaMama

IguanaMama Arachnoangel Old Timer

*****positive*****

I received my spider order from Michael last week and I was beyond happy with it! These were the healthiest spiders that I have ever gotten. The abdomens were all full--absolutely beautiful specimens. The packing was expert. The two versis webbed up immediately, something I'd never seen before. The pokies were gorgeous and larger than I paid for. Besides the fact that these animals were obviously well cared for, the price couldn't be beat, I got a deal.

Michael is smart, knowledgable and passionate about his animals. I hope to deal with him again real soon.:clap: :clap:

11. hamfoto

hamfoto Arachnoangel Old Timer

POSITIVE!

I just completed a trade with Michael and also bought a couple things...and everything is wonderful! He's a good person to deal with and the trade was very fair...
    I will always look at his "for sale" list when I'm looking to buy again in the future...and feel confident that everything will go smoothly.

thanks Michael,
    Chris

12. beetleman

beetleman Arachnoking Old Timer

:D excellent all around! great person to deal with,animals,transaction the whole shubanga!

13. reclusa

reclusa Arachnoknight Old Timer

Very Positive

Michael is a pleasure to business with. Great communication, and my Ts arrived just as they were suppose to. I was so pleased I placed another order yesterday.
    Thanks{D {D {D

14. I bought some 12" forceps from Michael a few months ago (sorry to have not posted before, forgot), they were a little late due to he had to back order them (no problem). I recieved the package, opened it and was shocked at all the free stuff: another, smaller, pair of tweezers, stickers, and decals!! It was a true pleasure doing business with him; great communication!!! Thanks Michael!!

15. surena

surena Arachnobaron Old Timer

POSITIVE

I purchased 3 Ephebopus murinus juvenal from Michael. He answered my pm very quickly and the slings were very healthy and beautiful. I have had a few transactions with Mr. Jacobi, and happy with everyone of them. He is very knowledgeable and helpful, and I'm looking forward in doing business with him in the near future. Feel confident buying from him.

16. MRL

MRL Arachnolord Old Timer

USA
    Positive!

I recently made a purchase from Michael. Professionalism to it's finest degree. Michael shipped promptly and was very direct with everything. I could not have been more pleased with the specimens I received. Packing was great, everything was smooth. This transaction literally took 1 day from start to finish. I look forward to any future purchases from him.

17. reclusa

reclusa Arachnoknight Old Timer

Very Positive

Received my package yesterday expecting to find the 5 Slings I ordered, but instead found 6 and the free stickers. It's always a pleasure doing business with micheal because you know his arachnids are in great shape and oh so healthy. One of the slings happend to molt right after I placed my order and was a girl. I purchased an unsexed avic, but Michael sent the female. Very, very honest man.

Thanks,
    John

18. SamtheMan

SamtheMan Arachnopeon

Negative

I purchased a spider from Michael in December with the understanding that it would be shipped when the weather took a turn for the warmer. Its now June, and the spider has not appeared. I repeatedly tried to get in touch with him but there was no response. I held off on posting this because I've done business with him before and there weren't any problems, but I can only give the benefit of the doubt for so long. :shame:

19. AR-Tarantula

AR-Tarantula Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive

Ordered a copy of The Tarantula by William J. Baerg from the Spider Shoppe. I was very glad to see someone offering this book. If you are interested in Aphonopelma natural history then this book is a must have. Book arrived here in Little Rock sooner than I thought it would. Very pleased with the whole transaction.

20. Michael Jacobi

Michael Jacobi RETIRED/RARELY USE AB Arachnosupporter

I am unable to address this problem if you don't sign your post with your real name. Also, my email has changed and the forwarding isn't working. Please ensure that you email exoticfauna@gmail.com and that you put spider or tarantula in the subject line so my very strict spam filtering settings don't keep your message from reaching me. Better still, please call 615.516.6246.

Cheers, Michael