1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe (www.spidershoppe.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Frostbyte, May 7, 2003.

1. snakezen

snakezen Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Positive

Again purchased several centipedes from the SpiderShoppe and results again are excellent. Will be doing business again with Michael in the near future.

2. K MUELLER

K MUELLER Arachnoknight Old Timer

Blue fang order

:cool: I received my baby ''blue fang'' from Michael (Spider shoppe) today, after many attempts to find a ''blue fang'', I found one at Spider shoppe, Great comunications with Michael from the start and quick shipment!! The little extras like the pen and window cling where really cool too, thanks for the great work and awesome selection to chose from!!! Later-Karl

3. bookofenoch2003

bookofenoch2003 Arachnopeon

Stellar service like always

Hi group,

What can I say. The same reason why some of the 'not so corporate giant' stores do so well in my home town of Peoria, IL........is the same reason why I believe I go to Spidershoppe.com. Personal, professional, prompt, and mostly knowledgeable.

This is my second order with Michael. The first was a few scorpions I hadn't had or needed a m/f to breed. It might not seem like a lot to some people but any amount of $$ close to 200 is a lot to trust someone with. I know I will get the best stock in the quickest possible amount of time with spidershoppe.

I will do buisness with Michael again.

'rage, rage against the dying of the light.'
    Walter

{currently I own 200+ scorpions, and after todays shipment of T's I will own 16, I have a few T's to buy to catch up with my scorpions}

4. D. Stiegler

D. Stiegler Arachnopeon

Positively positive!

I just received my latest shipment of animals from Michael Jacoby and they are everything I expected them to be and more. The packing job is a marvel in itself! I especially like the personal service that I get with Michael. From selecting the "right" sling for the newbe to the over the phone consultations for medical emergencies, Jacoby is there for me. I won't be going anywhere else for my slings and I'd like to meet him in person one of these nice days and shake his hand. :D
    <DS>

5. RaZeDaHeLL666

RaZeDaHeLL666 Arachnodemon Old Timer

New Slings Received.

Hey, I got 3 New slings from Michael Jacobi today. They came packed perfectly, which is great because its 10 degree's outside. Here's a pic of the B. Smithi, Greenbottle Blue, and T. Blondi. This was a great transaction and I most certainly will take my next order back to TheSpiderShoppe. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Archangel

Archangel Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive

Although saying this is just restating the obvious, Michael is GREAT! :clap: The T was in great shape and packed well. Prompt delivery. I'm very happy! :D

7. delanoapd

delanoapd Arachnopeon

Utah
    Awesome Place!!!

Hows it going everyone...
    I just recently purchased a Chaco Golden Knee (Grammostola Aureostriata) from The Spider Shoppe. Before I oredered my 1" spiderling, I called Mike Jacobi (the owner) and asked him some basic questions about tarantula care, etc. Not only did he answer my questions, but he filled me in on some info. that was very imperative to taking care of a Spiderling, and wouldnt have known unless he had told me. This guy knows his stuff and my spiderling was so well packaged that it would have needed a dump truck to do any damage to it. The sling is a beautiful little tarantula. It is very healthy looking and as soon as I put it in a deli cup w/ some vermiculite, it was wandering around looking very curious and checking out "the pad". I had a little trepidation ordering a fragile creature off of the internet, but if I would trust someone, it would be Mr. Jacobi. if I ever decide to get another spider, or any other invertebrate for that matter, this is the guy i'm going to use. so enough of this and TWO THUMBS UP...A++

8. hamfoto

hamfoto Arachnoangel Old Timer

there's a reason...

POSITIVE!!!

there's a reason there are so many "positive" posts on here about Michael and The Spider Shoppe. The deal was perfect! I ordered 2 spiderlings, a 1" A. versicolor and a 1" C. cyaneopubescens and they are beautiful.
    His packing job is phenomenal and his customer service is outstanding...trust in him and his business. I will be doing business with him again. :worship:

9. Ice Cold Milk

Ice Cold Milk Arachnobaron Old Timer

Michael's packaging for the two versi's and one other avic sp. i ordered was by far the best of any dealer i've ordered from before. VERY professional. He was also very knowledgeable on the phone and happy to discuss his inventory.

10. Windchaser

Windchaser Arachnoking Old Timer

POSITIVE

Yes, Michael's packing is incredible. I haven't ordered any live animals from him, but the forceps I ordered were packed superbly. If he packs large metal objects this good, he must do a great job with live animals. The Spider Shoppe is on my list of places to go when I am looking for T's or supplies.

11. becca81

becca81 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

POSTIVE!!

I bought two Ts from Michael at the Nashville show and I will definitely order more from him in the future. On his site is says that all of the animals are treated like prized personal pets, which is obvious when you look at his display. The spiders were healthy and active and it was obvious that they had been very well cared for!

12. EDED

EDED Arachnobaron Old Timer

USA
    +

I have bought a guaranteed female juvie Hysterocrates sp. (possibly hercules) from Michael last year,

this year she molts into HE, so i contacted him about the guarantee he has on his website that if it turns out to otherwise he will give you a store credit, and thats what i received without any trouble,

i was actually worried since all i had was a sex-changed spider and its molt taht the spider nicely destroyed, i thought i needed more proof to back my statement but he didnt ask anything else and gladly got a store credit.

Trust.

so using the credit i received a 3'' C. crawshayi and a Pampho Ecuador bloom sling today that were amazingly packaged.

thank you.

13. EvilCactus

EvilCactus Arachnopeon

Bought a 1.25 inch A. purpurea from Jacobi. He was very nice, helpful and the spider was healthy and in a beutiful setup. I will buy from him again!

14. KJE

KJE Arachnoangel Old Timer

Ohio
    :worship: Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

I ordered a crested gecko from Michael Jacobi(SpiderShoppe). It arrived today along with a freebie t. Both were packaged perfectly! Since the weather was too warm to ship the crestie for a while, he held my order at my request until the weather was a little cooler. The crestie and t both look extremely healthy and well taken care of! Thanks again, Michael!!!

I highly recommend buying from him!!!

15. warmark43

warmark43 Arachnopeon

Georgia
    I'm new to T's, and Michael has given me confidence and advise. His T's are always in excellent shape except for the occasional one that arrives dead(Usually for no obvious reason). The T's are packaged excellently. Michael is quick to give credit for any of his T's that do die. I've yet to find any fault in Michael's operation., and plan to keep ordering from him or any site he recommends for slings that he doesn't have.

16. warmark43

warmark43 Arachnopeon

Georgia
    T's from Michael Jacobi

I just got six T's from Michael. They came well packed and in good shape. His slings are quality and well priced. He even replaced one that I told him that he didn't need to replace because I figured that it was my fault that it died and it was almost past his guarantee time if not past it. Michael is a great man to work with. He will help you with your T's, and cares about them even after he sells them.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  17. becca81

becca81 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Thank you, Michael!

POSITIVE :D

I meant to post this awhile back - I ordered some dry goods from Michael a couple of months ago. I had my order in less than a week and everything was packaged and labeled very professionally.

I also just ordered the 3rd installment of Volume 1 of Arachnoculture, which arrived less than a week after I ordered it. As usual, everything is top notch!

Thanks so much!!

18. SamtheMan

SamtheMan Arachnopeon

Positive
    I ordered a few Ts over the weekend and they arrived well packed and looking healthy. He even threw in a neat freebie (H. incei) as well. Not like he really needs yet another positive review but here it is.

19. warmark43

warmark43 Arachnopeon

Georgia
    Spiderlings & Supplies

I ordered supplies and spiderlings from Michael on 01 November 2005. The spiderlings arrived on the 3rd of November as Michael promised and the supplies arrived on the 4th of November. Couldn't ask for a faster response. Both werewell packed and professionaly labled. He even through in a freebie spiderling(N. chromatus) and a free sticker in the the supplies. I had ordered three and got four. I got 4 small water dishes and instead of plastic or composite like I expected, they were strong ceramic, and only $3.00 each. Well worth the price. The spiderlings were all in great shape and in some cases bigger than the size quoted. He put warning lables on the P. murinus RCF container even though he had already warned me about it. Though scared it proved to be a pussycat. Of course now that it settled in. I wouln't try handling it. It is very defensive as he said. I will continue ordering from Michael. I have 13 spiderlings of his and they are all quality.

Warmark43(John Rice)

20. Venom

Venom Arachnoprince Old Timer

POSITIVE!!

I ordered a C.cyano sling from Micheal about a month ago, and it went well except for a mixup with the shipping date. He had sent out a notification to everyone with an order pending that he would have to delay shipping, but my email filtered it so that I never received the message. I was worried that something had gone wrong or he was blowing me off. I contacted him about this, sending him a pretty stiff letter asking what in the world was going on.

As it turns out, he was completely on the up and up, and the problem was on my end ( my email ). He was very diplomatic and apologized for the delay AND offered me a choice of freebie. After we sorted out what had gone wrong ( which was the fault of my email server , not his fault, as he did send a delay notification ), he asked me when it would be best to ship. I replied, and the shipment was very promptly in my possession:) .

Overall, he was great to deal with, the inverts were in fine shape, the shipping was fast and very well packed, and I will buy from him again. A++