1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Jacobi's Spider Shoppe (www.spidershoppe.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Frostbyte, May 7, 2003.

1. Frostbyte

Frostbyte Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    Before I forget .. I did get my little Avic from Michael Jacobi . Cant stress ENOUGH how well packed the T was. Dunno if Mr. Jacobi was expecting a mishap from the USPS Express Mail or what . But needless to say I am really impressed and his animals and prices are very reasonable. I plan 2 do more buisness with him and we as owners buys need 2 praise people that DELIVER what they promise.
    :D .....FRoST.....

2. atmosphere

atmosphere Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive

I placed a order with the spider shoppe Before the ATS meeting in Carlsbad NM. I ordered GBB and A avic. Well by the time he got my check through the mail he couldn't find th GBB.I was upset he offered trade plus money can't remember the exact figure as I've had to change this post too many times.I ended up getting 3 slings for the GBB. I got two versicolor and a free E. uatuman for my troubles. He made the deal right with me there. Shipment arrived on time. All slings seemed healthy enough.But 1 A. versicolor died overnight. So I e mailed Jacobi and he offered me credit for it on my next purchase.

Good points
    • fast replys to e-mail
    • fair prices
    • upholds his policy
    • animals are the size as indecated
    • Good packing

Stuff that could be improved on
    • he needs to get some care sheets on his site.
    • He needs to update his stock list more.

I would do buisness with him again. He did what I needed to feel good about his service after the lost animal. And after the animal died he was fast to reply and didn't make me ship him the body. He was quik to awnser any questions I had. I sent him crappy pics of what I was planning of keeping the slings in.And he told me some screw ups I made. So overall I would use him again.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2003
  3. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Arachnolord Old Timer

i had the pleasure of visiting the spidershoppe this weekend, and i was very much impressed. not only did Michael have a wide selection of herps and inverts, unlike most petshops he actually provides each specimen with the correct husbandry needs of that species. he is also very well versed and knowledgable, and we actually spent the good part of an hour talking. all of my future inverts will be purchased through him, and i definately reccomend him to anyone looking for quality inverts, at reasonable prices, from an experienced keeper and dealer. if you ever get a chance to drop by his shop during business hours, do it, its well worth the time.

4. johnnyjohnjon

johnnyjohnjon Arachnoprince Old Timer

first off I have to say that mike is by far one of the nicest guys around, he has a 800 number and I call him all the time just to ask questions, and he never seems to mind, I met him at a reptile show where he had an incredible selection of spiders, and at great prices. i took three home with me that day. they were all very well taken care of and in perfect health. well the very next week I ordered four more from him... they all arived very healthy and I would have to say that they could have survived in the box for at least three or four days. so all is well and two weeks later I ordered six more spiders from him, I have done business with several breeders and none match mikes comitment, he is just an all around good guy and do yourself a favor and buy from him next time you need some spiders... you won't be sorry

5. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Arachnolord Old Timer

update

one of the P. regalis slings died just 2 days after i purchased it. i called Mike up after realizing he has a 15 day gurantee. i expected to ship him to dead specimen, as well as pay shipping for the replacement. not so, no questions asked he up and shipped me a replacement. i even had my t in 1 day. try finding service like that elsewhere, in fact try finding another invert dealer with a 15 day no questions asked guarantee. thanks Mike:D

6. atmosphere

atmosphere Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive

I recently drove down to Jacobi Herpetoculture. He was packing for a show but was quik to unlock his shop and let me look around. All animals were correctly labeled. No sheds lying aroung in there substrate . They were tooken care of.I ended he credited me for that one versicolor ended up with L. parahybana , E. campestratus,and P. murinus for $3.00. Then I bought a B. smithi for $18. all are healthy and well.

Good sides
    • kept the slings in correct husbandry
    • friendly service
    • some really good deals
    • even better selection then last time
    • all the slings look healthy

Bad sides

I saw nothing I could say bad about his store.

I will use him for purchasing slings and T's again.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2003
  7. MrMatt

MrMatt Arachnoknight Old Timer

POSITIVE

I recently purchased some invertebrates from Michael at the spidershoppe. Despite a slight delay in shipping (due to Columbus Day) the transaction went smooth. All critters arrived in good condition, appear healthy and of the sizes he indicated.

GOOD POINTS:

• Web site updated frequently with 'Updated list dates' for each section.
    • Quickest and most consistent email replies.
    • Quick to send pictures of actual stock.
    • Great packing.
    • Looks out for customers best interests.

Improvments:

• I would love to see some Millipedes on his site.

Thanks Michael!!!

Matt

8. KelliH

KelliH Arachnosquire Old Timer

Positive

I have done a couple of trades with Michael Jacobi in the past and I was very impressed by his animals, his customer service and his packing (immaculate!).

Thumbs way up for The Spider Shoppe!:D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2004
  9. eleven_68

eleven_68 Arachnosquire

Tarantula Rookie

Positive

Mr Jacobi is extremely patient and willing to help with someone who is new to Tarantulas. He didn't try to sell me what I didn't need and he helped me any time I had a question about anything. Doing business with him was a pleasure and everything was so well packed I think nothing short of a steam roller could have damaged the contents. I will definitly be doing business with Mr. Jacobi in the future as I think I may become a Tarantula devotee. I would also recommend him to anyone looking for spiders and I'm sure he's as thorough with his reptiles.

10. Scylla

Scylla Arachnobaron Old Timer

Jacobi Herpetocluture

Positive

I just recently received a G. pulchra sling from Michael at Jacobi Herpetoculture. The service was great, but what I really appreciate is the customer care. This is my first T and Michael was very helpful. I would unhesitatingly recommend him!
    Kathy

11. AK47

AK47 Arachnopeon

The Spider Shoppe/Mike Jacobi

Positive

:D :D :D

I give Mike 3 thumbs up for his customer service! I ordered two DeathStalkers...well one had a broken off tibia, so I let him know immediately about it. He was very willing to work out a solution to remedy the situation. So after about several email exchanges...we came up with a very satisfying solution and both sides were happy:D

If anyone newbie like myself and worried about which dealer is reputable and which dealer is not...well worry no more because Mike's business revolves around customer satisfaction and great service! That made me a very happy camper.
    :D :D :D

P.S. I will post how the solution turn out in the future....

EDIT: Update
    I finally got my new order in from the last delima. Mike straighten it out and I am very happy. All the scorps appear to be healthy and beautiful. Thanks Mike :D:D:D

12. Great Experience

Positive

I'm an elementary school teacher/librarian. I've bought a couple of tarantulas from local pet shops as classroom mascots. They typically lived a year or so. I contacted Michael at spidershoppe.com and he was a tremendous help in picking out a new spider that would be a fitting pet for my students. His replies to my questions were always thoughtful and clear. We ordered a number of supplies from him, and then he overnighted our new spider. It is gorgeous. I highly recommend this company.

Here's a pic we took of our new beauty the day it arrived.
    http://seva.net/~nehhpa/tarantula.htm

13. Mark Grimes

Mark Grimes Arachnopeon

Michal Jacobi

Positive

Another happy customer... I found exactly what I was looking fir at a very fair price. What's more, Michael allows you to choose your methode of shipping. He also packs tarantulas better than anyone I've ever dealt with. He is free to give advice via E-Mail or toll free phone calls as well.

Thanks Michal!!

14. Mark Grimes

Mark Grimes Arachnopeon

The Spider Shop

Positive

Over the years, I purchased tarantulas from nearly a dozen mail-order sources. Michael Jacobi's Spider Shop has been superior in almost every way. Their huge listing of available taranlulas was fifteen pages (when printed). I immediately found the spider I was looking for, Cyriopagopus Thorelli. The prices for spiderlings were wonderful and when the package arrived, I discovered the most well-pact tarantula I've ever ordered. Michael was very helpful through E-Mail and his toll-free phone.

If you're looking for your next tarantula, no matter how rare, try The Spider Shop.

15. KEV-O

KEV-O Arachnopeon

Spider Shoppe!

Positive

I RECENTLY ORDERED MY FIRST SPIDER ONLINE AND WAS LEARY ABOUT ALL THE BAD PRESS THAT I HAD HEARD FROM THE EXOTIC PET SHOPS. HOWEVER THEY WERE UNABLE TO GET THE SPEC. THAT I WAS INTERESTED IN (AVICALARIA VESICULAR) SO I WENT WITH THE ONLINE APPROACH.
    I CAN SAY THAT I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE SERVIVE FROM THE SPIDER SHOPPE.
    OCHO WAS SHIPPED TO ME OVER NIGHT, .AFTER MICHAEL TOOK TIME TO TALK TO ME ABOUT HOW TO CARE FOR THE SPIDER WHEN I RECEVED IT. IN EXCELINT CONDITION I WOULD LIKE TO ADD.
    MICHAEL WAS VERY HELPFULL!

IT HAS BEEN WEEKS NOW AND WE HAVE A MOLT BELOW OUR BELT AND LOOKING FORWARD TO A HEALTHY SPIDER.

THANKS!
    FROM AUSTIN TX.

:D

16. zeeckster1

zeeckster1 Arachnopeon

Positive

This is my first post and first time I have made and online T purchase. I am very pleased with everything I ordered. My A.metallica is darling very acitive from the monent I unpacked it. My GBB and G.aureostriata are very nice as well. Packaging was done extremely well. So far I have no negatives. I plan on useing th spider shoppe again.

17. wendy

wendy Arachnopeon

my first T

Positive

I am a new T owner and visted The Spider Shoppe for my first purchase, Mr. Jacobi was very helpful in choosing my first T., she is a Pink Zebra Beauty. He is very patient with my concerns and questions. I have since purchased an 'orange bitey thing' from his shoppe. They are both doing wonderful and healthy. Will purchase from him again.

18. Deadly1

Deadly1 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Michael J

Positive

I cant stress how nice it was to call someone.....and have them do everything possible to obtain the inverts I wanted....They were packed extremely well, so well that even my girlfriend wasnt worried with opening the boxes, lol. The inverts were just as he described them, extremely healthy, and ate almost immediately once they were in the new enclosure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS AGAIN MICHAEL!!!!

19. Product and Service Surpassed by None

VERY POSITIVE EXPERIENCE
    Michael Jacobi truly goes out of his way to provide the very best service and selection to his clients. The spiders are beautifully cared for and healthy upon arrival. Very few take this time and care in packaging their animals. The communications and shipping were exceptional, in my experience. I am and will remain a client of the Spider Shoppe.

Thanks, Michael, for knowing that I would kick myself for not taking those two additional T's. They're lovely.

Lorraine Ballard
    Port St. Lucie, FL

20. DnKslr

DnKslr Arachnoprince Old Timer

EXCELLENT SERVICE! I got my package on time and it was very well packed! Every question was answered with in hours (not days like SOME people) and the T looks healthy and active right out of the box!:D