1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mexican red knee

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Katielou89, Aug 15, 2017.

1. whovian89

whovian89 Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    A noob question. What is DLS?

2. mconnachan

mconnachan Arachnoprince Active Member

Diagonal leg span - front left leg to right rear leg.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. whovian89

Thanks. I did not know.

4. mconnachan

You're welcome, in no time at all you'll get used to all the terms, here are some to get you started:

MM - Mature Male
    MF - Mature female
    sp. - species
    1.2.3 - 1 male tarantula, 2 female tarantulas, 3 unsexed tarantulas.

You'll find some other terms that may confuse you, if in doubt just ask, the only silly question is the one that is not asked.

5. whovian89

Thanks. I definitely do not hesitate to ask questions. Haha. When I first got interested in Ts ... which was a long time ago although I only got my first one recently, I was only familiar with the common names of the Ts. Now, I am more familiar with their real (scientific) names. But my familiarity is limited to the NW T's only and only the popular ones.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mconnachan

Which are your favourites? - scientific names remember - LOL

7. whovian89

I have grammostola pulchripes (female juvi - my first one) and a female aphonopelma seemani. I am looking to get a brachypelma hamorii too.

My other favorites are grammostola pulchra, b emilia, g rosea and e campestratus ... sorry if I misspelled some.

And I need to apologize to the OP for apparently hijacking this thread.

8. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnobaron Active Member

Montreal
    The enclosure looks massive for such a small T. This will lead to your spider hiding a lot more. Tarantulas don't feel secure in large open spaces...

Way too much height as well, if she falls from the top it could be fatal. I would rehouse her into something much smaller.
    Or the other way around, as long as it's measured diagonally.
    There's still far too much height. Rehouse her...the setup should look something like this.

Attached Files:

9. mconnachan

No need for apologies, it happens all the time - You'll have to have a look at G. iheringi, stunning Grammostola. See the way I typed the name that's how it should be written, I'm not nit picking I'm just letting you know.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mconnachan

You don't need to write the genus in full, just the species and the species should be in italics. Nice choices by the way, especially G. pulchra, BBB - haha, Big Black Beauty as @basin79 likes to call his, lastly welcome to AB - you'll enjoy this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  11. basin79

basin79 Arachnoprince Active Member

Nope. My BBB is:

Beautiful
    Black
    Bulldozer

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. mconnachan

My bad, who calls there's that then I remember your BBB, I must be mistaken -
    Beautiful Black Bulldozer - Big Black Beauty? mmm? Oh well, I still love the acronym!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Katielou89

Katielou89 Arachnopeon

Uk
    Hi again! Can anyone guess how big /age my red knee is please? And also how often I should expect a molt, she's refused food twice now just pretty much running away from it :/ thank u :) DSC_1342.JPG DSC_1340.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. AmberDawnDays

AmberDawnDays Arachnoknight Active Member

What are you using as feeders and how often are you offering?