Messing with her Enclosure

Marcel Tanriverdi

Arachnopeon
My female P. Irminia started to chew the foam background. If it was a smaller enclosure i would say she is trying to get out but she was happy so far in her cork bark. This morning i saw her wandering outside in day time which is unusual for her and the background was a mess. Whats she trying to tell me?

Attachments

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I don't use foam backgrounds for this very reason, a lot of arboreals will chew them up or try to hide behind them. Cork bark tiles are quite cheap and easy to get, they generally take up less space too.

My female is out every morning and evening unless she's in pre-moult so I don't think that it being out is a sign of anything.

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Looks like a Dark Den special!

Time for a rehouse using Grym's suggestion of a cork tile.

Marcel Tanriverdi

Arachnopeon
Looks like a Dark Den special!

Time for a rehouse using Grym's suggestion of a cork tile.
hah i made this diy enclosure with dark den videos. He was using foam without such issues. Yeap you are right, this girl desperately needs a rehouse now :p

cold blood

Staff member
Like grym, i would never use foam anything in any t enclosure....imo foam has no place, even if some dont have a problem....imo foam invites problems and messes.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Aww, you ruined her fun! Am I the only one who would have just let her continue destroying the foam to her little heart's content? Lol.

cold blood

Staff member
FWIW, a background is a completely unnecessary addition. An irminia will want to get under things, not climb flat vertical surfaces as much.

I've never once even considered a "background" for any of my ts.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
FWIW, a background is a completely unnecessary addition. An irminia will want to get under things, not climb flat vertical surfaces as much.

I've never once even considered a "background" for any of my ts.
It’s definitely for me, not the tarantula. A good background with some nice foliage and moss is a bit nicer to look at when a tarantula hides for weeks on end.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
An irminia will want to get under things, not climb flat vertical surfaces as much.
View media item 39006View media item 41495View media item 47155View media item 50801 View media item 53824

Inb4 "All your tarantulas are broken, that's a documented fact" :troll:

cold blood

Staff member
View media item 39006View media item 41495View media item 47155View media item 50801 View media item 53824

Inb4 "All your tarantulas are broken, that's a documented fact" :troll:
You know what I meant...they go up to feed, down to live.