Messed up friends

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
My friend sent me this on Snapchat, it pissed me off. A beautiful Polyphemus moth just destroyed. I wish my friends would respect bugs like I do.

IMG_3220.PNG

keks

Arachnobaron
The most people don't respect any insects, spiders, or something else like this. When my children were young they were affronted because they turned the stones and watched the insects below. People said they are disgusting. I said they are curious. And this animals are important. No way that they understand this.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Are you sure they didn't mean they stepped on it accidentally? Polyphemus moths have a habit of sitting on the ground with their wings folded back.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I'm positive he did this on purpose. He sends me other videos of him burning insects with a lighter because he knows I like insects. Pretty weird man.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Right? Nah, we always mess with each other but he's taking it to an other level with the bug killing.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I personally like his "emoji/emoticon/whatever that name is" choice combined with 'burgers' :)

I'm fascinated by those, at first sight 'little', details.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Wait, wait a minute now.

Maybe Ratmosphere and that man are friends, real friends, I mean. Like he said:

"Nah, we always mess with each other but he's taking it to an other level with the bug killing."

I have friends that, in no time, will 'squeeze/stomp' upon spiders and whatnot as well, if they find one in the house.

Granted, they doesn't send me after pics of that (and not only because I will dislike those, but because we are in our 40 almost) but what do we know... a friend is a friend.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
People become friends when personalities/lifestyles/beliefs/etc are compatible. It always confuses me when folks choose to remain friends with people who hurt them. Friends should go out of their way to make you feel good, not intentionally hurt you. This is just a stupid waste of energy in one's life, if you ask me:banghead:

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I think you guys are taking it more serious than I am haha. I know, its messed up for him to kill bugs and do messed up stuff like that. Him and his brother are known for the shock factor they give, but sometimes it goes too far.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I think you guys are taking it more serious than I am haha. I know, its messed up for him to kill bugs and do messed up stuff like that. Him and his brother are known for the shock factor they give, but sometimes it goes too far.
Not sure what kind of reaction you were expecting here.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Friends who intentionally cause you distress are not friends.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Next time I chatted with that friend, I'd say something like "on a serious note, these types of images are offensive to me -- I like a joke as well as the next guy, but I'd appreciate it if you'd not send anymore like that." (Or however you would word it).

Then... wait.

If he does it again -- it would tell you a lot about if your interests and feelings were really valued.
A real friend knows when they've gone too far -- a real friend would value your interests. Teasing is fine -- but sending offensive cruelty pix isn't.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
My mother asks me why i play video games all day, well thats the answer. People hate bugs. I don't want to hang out with people who put sticks on cicada's anus. Do what i did, if he sends you more pics.. Just type "kys, you worthless oxygen-wasting piece of garbage flesh and bones." :)