Question Message recovery?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Is there any way old, deleted private messages (before the forum update) can be recovered?

cold blood

Staff member
I've deleted messages, only to have the person I was corresponding with continue the conversation, when they do, I get the entire part of the conversation I deleted back. If the person on the other end didn't delete, its still there. This is obviously only for conversations after the switch though I would imagine.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I've deleted messages, only to have the person I was corresponding with continue the conversation, when they do, I get the entire part of the conversation I deleted back. If the person on the other end didn't delete, its still there. This is obviously only for conversations after the switch though I would imagine.
That's correct. What you described is how the new private messaging system works. If all parties in a conversation leave, the the whole conversation is essentially deleted and unrecoverable. The old system worked more like e-mail in that once the message was gone, it was gone for good.