Megaphobema robustum colombian giant redleg

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
What kind of enclosure are you keeping it in? Also how big is the T? some pics would help :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
"Any tips?" could constitute writing an entire book. In fact, people have done just that.

Try to narrow down your request. What do you want to know, specifically?

boina

Lady of the mites
The short version of the book:

M. robustum = burrower -> lots of slightly moist, not wet substrate + starter burrow (hole in the ground, ideally covered with a hide)

add water bowl

feed occasionally

Done.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's not definitely a Theraphosidae supposed for a beginner, but no problems.

One of my fav. specie, and, at least 'historically', a quite underestimated spider. I'm glad to notice that this, lately, changed.

- Now I will tell you what works for me with juve/adults specimens (with slings, I just do the same but in 'little').

Substrate, substrate, substrate. Inches of substrate, don't put a limit unless the ones declared by logistic/space etc: they are probably in my personal Top Five of 'the most die harder burrowers' ever... the digging skill of this specie is comparable to the ability of those badass Mountains Dwarves depicted since forever in a lot of 'Fantasy' themed literature/movies and so on.

As said above, keep the substrate on the slightly moist side, with a water dish. Offer a piece of cork bark or, if not possible, another piece of wood. Starting a pre-hole near, in general, helps (however the spider will decide, rest assured).

Ventilation is extremely important, for my views about. I don't even bother to partially close the holes... this is a practice I despise. I want total ventilation... I just check and use my eyes/ability for mantain the humidity level.

They love a couple of fake leaves near that piece of wood.

You will remain impressed, also, by their unique Leg IV 'spike' attack... basically they use those legs for hit, like a 'whip', the intruders when they feel a menace. Personally I can say that this 'attack' is the one they love to rely more.

They can be really but really fast if they wants, and IMO if someone consider their bulky structure, this is impressive.

Overall a wonderful specie. And they aren't nowhere near 'delicate' like sometimes, in the past, they were called by someone.

Last edited: