Meet Jeff. The little bugger.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Very nice! Definitely a skink, I would guess in the genus Ablepharus (the two species in that genus in Greece are very similar).

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Very nice! Definitely a skink, I would guess in the genus Ablepharus (the two species in that genus in Greece are very similar).
Almost all ablepharus look like it. But my guess is :
Ablepharus kitaibelli
or
Ablepharus rueppellii.

But only A.kitaibelli is recorded in greece.

Ablepharus deserti
Ablepharus chernovi
look very closely related, but they havent been found in greece.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Almost all ablepharus look like it. But my guess is :
Ablepharus kitaibelli
or
Ablepharus rueppellii.

But only A.kitaibelli is recorded in greece.

Ablepharus deserti
Ablepharus chernovi
look very closely related, but they havent been found in greece.
Unless Greece is poorly sampled for herps, chances are his species has already been found there. So I bet that Jeff is A. kitaibelli. There must be a guide to the reptiles of Greece or southern Europe though.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Where is "Milky Way"? Why be so mysterious? A general area would clear things up more. It looks like your typical ground skink. Also, most people aren't familiar with Pelikan erasers, it doesn't mean anything to them as far as a size reference goes, you know, it's that digital generation. lol I think maybe an IPhone size would help them understand the size ratio better but I know ground skinks.

Last edited:

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
It's a European snake eyes skink. I live in greece, fthiotis, molos, 35009. It's a species of skink that's not yet kept by anyone in the world and very little is known about them. The photos you'll see are probably the last of jeff. After he got released back into the wild. Good bye sweet fella ❤. IMG_20171114_144831.jpg IMG_20171114_144843.jpg