Meet Harley Quinn. My beautiful tri coloured hognose snake.

silverhaze269

Arachnopeon
Although they are venomous to ban them because of it is harsh.
Yep. It sucks. The next province over can have them, which is even more frustrating.

Turtles I can understand if your climate would support them. Too many get released into the wild when they start growing.
That's exactly why they're prohibited. They have started allowing people adopt them from a local rescue organization though, along with the proper permit that allows people to them keep them.

Zeez

Arachnopeon
I love this thread so much! It's been a while since I've checked it, but good to see her growing! She is such a beautiful snake.

Zeez

Arachnopeon
Love these guys! I wish I could have one, but they're prohibited in my area because they're venomous :shifty:...but we also can't keep turtles. Our "exotics" laws are a touch outdated in my area, if you ask me :p
Wait. I just read this post. Hognose snakes are venomous?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Wait. I just read this post. Hognose snakes are venomous?
Yes. They deliver their weak venom (to humans although some are sensitive to it) via their back teeth and literally chew it into their food.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I love this thread so much! It's been a while since I've checked it, but good to see her growing! She is such a beautiful snake.
I fed her earlier. A few days "late" so she was extremely excited to smell a mouse.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've absolutely no idea why some pics aren't appearing.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Such a lovely snake! I love how the red scales are half black, how the black scales are iridescent, and how overall her pattern is slightly disjointed from her right to left sides. The little button eyes and purple tongue is a bonus too.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Harley shed on Wednesday. Gave her a feed today.

Got a couple of screen shots.

The day I got her. 7th of July 2017.

Today.

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
They're fantastic. Some adults even turn black. You can't see any red on them. Just black and white. They look stunning too.
Really really impressive I will have to keep my eyes open for one. Where did you find this one??