Meanwhile, I Was Checking on My Baby Ivories......

mickiem

Arachnoprince
These Ivories are between a year and a year and a half old not even full grown. The female is just over 3” and the male is less than 3”. DD2BD6E1-7510-4783-99AC-A2D26E3E6387.jpeg

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I apologized to them for the interruption but it didn’t seem to bother them. E37B2F4C-5713-4A12-A404-A9D6997CFB70.jpeg

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Lol same with my N americanus i always catch them breeding and they don't seem to mind a few pictures. Speaking of which how long dose it take before you start to see the babies?
I'm not sure I will get babies from these! I'm certain they are too young. But it seems I see babies a few months after I see adults breeding. I also think the babies are either deep in the substrate the first month or just stay out of sight. When I start seeing eggs, It is usually two months before I see pedelings. But I don't dig in the substrate much, either!

davehuth

Arachnoknight
You are so disciplined in never ever digging! I'm trying to follow your example but it is BRUTAL to just stare at a box of dirt and not know what may or may not be happening o_O

mickiem

Arachnoprince
You are so disciplined in never ever digging! I'm trying to follow your example but it is BRUTAL to just stare at a box of dirt and not know what may or may not be happening o_O
The trick is to get 40 boxes of dirt. :astonished:

Marika

Arachnoangel
My ivories also started doing this when they were still pretty small. And several times I also saw an adult male with a small female.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Or a box of dirt with a species that is very surface active so when all your other species are down you have at least one species to look at lol.
Off topic but I'm now seeing your new profile pic. I dig it a lot brother!

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Off topic but I'm now seeing your new profile pic. I dig it a lot brother!
Thanks! I know I already told you but this gigantea has chilled out a ton now that I've been working with it, it finally started allowing me to touch it's tergites now!