Me describing my leirus quinquestriatus sting after being stung

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
anxiety mostly but it hasn’t been to bad lately mostly just insomnia.. best discussed here
I have one on anxiety to
Why post this if you already agreed it's bad practice to advertise it?

No offense, but I think narcissism is now confirmed.

Even if you want to show, use that voice in your head that tells you no even if you really want to. Sometimes we need to just make a rule in our heads and trust others are right.
exactly Scorpions Don’t like to be handled.

Johnn

Arachnoknight
I'm slowly getting into scorpions and may get hot species in the future. Not because they are venomous but because of their beauty and intriguing nature. Either way, no matter the species we need to treat it with respect. If not for our own peace of mind then for the safety of the animals in our care.

I respect your courtesy, honesty, and decision to stop posting sting related content. I think sting reports are fine though, IMO. Cognitive variation and mental health are poorly understood and heavily stigmatized to this day. I wish it weren't so. I offer my sincerest regards, I can understand where you are coming from. I mean no disrespect, my issue lies with the stress being inflicted upon pets as well as others viewing the behaviour as acceptable then spreading misinformation, something bad happens, and then bills are passed and laws enforced...

Good luck with your pals, all the best, and be safe!

TBone
Thanks man! And thank you too for keeping it respectful.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Why post this if you already agreed it's bad practice to advertise it?

No offense, but I think narcissism is now confirmed.

Even if you want to show, use that voice in your head that tells you no even if you really want to. Sometimes we need to just make a rule in our heads and trust others are right.
The narcissism is running high. These dangerous animals are a joke to him and present no dangers at all. Mind you, these animals rarely endanger the life of healthy adults (especially if through whatever x factor or genetics, they possess an innate tolerance for these venoms).

@Johnn

Early diagnostic signs of an autonomic storm from H. tamulus envenomations:
* nausea and vomiting
* profuse or diffuse sweating over the whole body
* excessive ropey salivation
cold extremities
priapism

* Due to these symptons there is risk of hypovolemia. These symptons may or may not also include diarrhea.

Last edited:

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
The narcissism is running high. These dangerous animals are a joke to him and present no dangers at all. Mind you, these animals rarely endanger the life of healthy adults (especially if through whatever x factor or genetics, they possess an innate tolerance for these venoms).

@Johnn

Early diagnostic signs of an autonomic storm from H. tamulus envenomations:
* nausea and vomiting
* profuse or diffuse sweating over the whole body
* excessive ropey salivation
cold extremities
priapism

* Due to these symptons there is risk of hypovolemia. These symptons may or may not also include diarrhea.
I would feel the same if he were talking about bullfrogs. I value and respect the right to suicide and self harm. I'm not about to judge that. I care more about the animals, followed by the rights of other keepers. Do not really care if people die while getting stung intentionally, aside from the fact it will obviously demonize both the animal (in this case probably an entire order of animals, not just a species) as well as demonize a hobby and everyone involved in it.

There are more mature ways to seek attention in my opinion. I feel for folks with mental health issues. Truly. But don't drag others (including anomals) into it. That's just selfish and unintelligent in my opinion.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The topic of this thread and some comments are reminiscent of a couple of bonkers Russian engineer friends who appear to be in a race for the deep end of the swimming pool.
"It's symmetrically uneven." -Oleg