AlanMM

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What's the size of your mature male?
I ask this because mine matured at 7,5"

Daywalker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well at least now i know i'm not the only one useing the desert backgroud for my brachypelma's {D
nice pic's and a nice T mike
bill

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SeekneSs said:
What's the size of your mature male?
I ask this because mine matured at 7,5"

He is about 7.5 to 8 inches...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brian S said:
Nice pics bro!! ;) How many blondis do you have now?

Just the one bro...sending him out on lone...so I hope to have a bunch more... :rolleyes:

Regards, Mike

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The background is very cool. The first pic looks very realistic.

With such a sweet home, he should have no problems getting a girlfriend.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mike do you have electric heat where you live?
Any fish tanks in the same room as the spider?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
Mike do you have electric heat where you live?
Any fish tanks in the same room as the spider?

No fish tanks and my house is heated by a furnace ?? why do you ask ??

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
No fish tanks and my house is heated by a furnace ?? why do you ask ??

I'm not sure but i think that t's drinking have someting to do with humidity. The reason i think this is because at my house i keep 2 spiders in my animals room(with a big fish tank and wood & oil furnace). These spiders are never seen drinking. At the house I rent(because of were i work at the moment) we have electric heat and no fish tanks(no water evaporating in the air) and the 2 spiders i have there are dirnking all the time. I think or though that there may be a connection.

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
Hey, he's handsome, Mike!

He'll win the ardor of my Courtney for sure! I'm looking forward to having him as a guest.
talk to you later
D.

This is an old pic...before her molt last fall...gotta update my Courtney files...

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
I'm not sure but i think that t's drinking have someting to do with humidity. The reason i think this is because at my house i keep 2 spiders in my animals room(with a big fish tank and wood & oil furnace). These spiders are never seen drinking. At the house I rent(because of were i work at the moment) we have electric heat and no fish tanks(no water evaporating in the air) and the 2 spiders i have there are dirnking all the time. I think or though that there may be a connection.

He is having a drink because he is fresh out of a molt...pretty much all my spiders including my blondi are kept on the dry side with a water dish...they do well...I have a humidifier in the basement if it gets to dry....the basement temps are about 70 to 73 degrees as well..

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Goon, I think he knows he has a date coming up...he has been grooming himself for the past 2 days...hehehe...

Talk to ya soon...

Regards, Mike :D

slingshot71

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had just transferred my 2" P. irminia to a slightly larger enclosure earlier that day. She went straight to work building a new web home, but I guess she got a little overworked and needed a nice long drink. I hadn't misted her new home yet, so it must have been a bit too dry.

Just thought I would post this, since many members say that they never see their Ts drinking. My A. seemani & G. pulchra drink fairly often, probably due to the fact that I keep the substrate in their tanks mostly dry.

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice Pic , i wish i could get a pic of my Irminia !
It just recently molted into 2 " ..and all i see of it are its legs!

slingshot71

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks

Now that he's finished building and wallpapering (with coconut fiber) his new home, mine is back to not wanting to be seen again. In the second pic, you can still see his underside.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice. i have a pretzel jar that i want to put my irminia in (once i eat all the pretzels), but how am i gonna change the water? the lid isn't that big and when he/she is 6" i don't wanna stick my hand in there. here is a pic...

-Matty

slingshot71

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mattyb said:
Very nice. i have a pretzel jar that i want to put my irminia in (once i eat all the pretzels), but how am i gonna change the water? the lid isn't that big and when he/she is 6" i don't wanna stick my hand in there. here is a pic...
I couldn't see the pic, so I'll assume you are talking about the same huge plastic pretzel jars that I've seen around.
Please don't laugh at lack of artistic ability and poor sense of proportion, but here are a couple of silly ideas that I would probably try.

First: Attach a platform high up in the jar (this is a plastic jar I hope). I would attach a thick block of wood to the bottom of the platform with hot glue, then use long screws from the outside into the block of wood. Here is a rough, and I mean very rough, sketch of what I am talking about without the support block. The platform would have to be pretty large for a 6" T. You would also want the platform to have low sidewalls or a recess so the water dish couldn't be knocked off by the T.

Second: Cut a rectangular slot towards the bottom of the jar, but leaving side and bottom "tabs". Then use a slightly oversized (top to bottom) strip of plastic from another of the same type of jar, that can be slid in and out with the tabs holding it. This one would also require that the jar to be plastic. The dotted line represents the cut out portion

It's very late and this is just a quick brainstorming session. By tomorrow I may think that these ideas are both ridiculous.

Enjoy
Kevin

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
slingshot71 said:
I couldn't see the pic, so I'll assume you are talking about the same huge plastic pretzel jars that I've seen around.
Please don't laugh at lack of artistic ability and poor sense of proportion, but here are a couple of silly ideas that I would probably try.

First: Attach a platform high up in the jar (this is a plastic jar I hope). I would attach a thick block of wood to the bottom of the platform with hot glue, then use long screws from the outside into the block of wood. Here is a rough, and I mean very rough, sketch of what I am talking about without the support block. The platform would have to be pretty large for a 6" T. You would also want the platform to have low sidewalls or a recess so the water dish couldn't be knocked off by the T.

Second: Cut a rectangular slot towards the bottom of the jar, but leaving side and bottom "tabs". Then use a slightly oversized (top to bottom) strip of plastic from another of the same type of jar, that can be slid in and out with the tabs holding it. This one would also require that the jar to be plastic. The dotted line represents the cut out portion

It's very late and this is just a quick brainstorming session. By tomorrow I may think that these ideas are both ridiculous.

Enjoy
Kevin

Very nice. By the way, the jar is plastic. The irminia is only 1.5" right now but i am preparing for the future, plus if it works good then i will buy some more containers.

thanks for the ideas.

-Matty