Mature Male Appreciation Thread

sparticus

Arachnoknight
I'm not sure you'll see this as this post was a month ago- But do you know how early the sexual dimorphism presents in p irmina? I have one that's about 4 inches now and is very dark, looks like a female scaled down. I can't imagine he'd turn into a gangly male but I've heard you can't tell until the ultimate molt
The males become dimorphic at maturity. You can sex juveniles by their molt before they become mature. Juvenile males look the same as females before their last molt. Here's my juvenile that I'm fairly sure is a male ~3"DLS:

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I'm not sure you'll see this as this post was a month ago- But do you know how early the sexual dimorphism presents in p irmina? I have one that's about 4 inches now and is very dark, looks like a female scaled down. I can't imagine he'd turn into a gangly male but I've heard you can't tell until the ultimate molt
Agreeing with the others there about the big change at maturity. Mine was sold to me as presumed female. I was shocked when “she” put on an inch size gain and had gangly, pipe cleaner legs. NMT’s told me what I feared. He did seem less black to me and more like a dark, ash grey as a juvie, but as NMT’s also said there, that may not always be the case.