Mature male A. avic?

Bobafett2k6

Arachnosquire
Hi, I know this is a tough question without a good picture but my little A. avic that I've had for a couple of weeks has got sort of bulbous ends to its pedipalps. Is this a characteristic of avics? I'm new to the hobby so still learning... It's a little over 2" DLS so I'm guessing its unlikely to be a MM but its pedipalps do have bulbous ends!

EDIT: pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Maybe it is because I just woke up, but I am not seeing the emboli. While overall DLS isn't really going to affect whether a T is mature or not, unless I am overlooking something, your Avic isn't a MM.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Usaly Avics reach 3-4" before mature but size isn't always the key factor. It just looks like his/her front pads are just larger did your avic molt recently within a fue weeks or so? I could be wrong am sure someone will answer better.

Bobafett2k6

Arachnosquire
Ah ok, I was hoping it wasn't a mm as I just got it a couple of weeks ago. Just thought if ask those with far more experience than me!

Thanks very much for the advice guys!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Actually, that T does look female to me...but I could be wrong ;)

Bobafett2k6

Arachnosquire
Actually, that T does look female to me...but I could be wrong ;)
That would be good news indeed, Storm!

I don't suppose you could explain why? I'd be interested in the reason behind your opinion so I could maybe learn something.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree. The Avic looks to be quite possibly a female indeed. One thing it's not is a MM.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
First, if it would be a MM => CLICK

Secondly, the reason at least I believe it -might- be a female (with Avics it's kinda hard to judge ventrally IMO and you'll have to check the molt anyways to confirm) is that I can see the epigastric furrow pretty well there and the area below is more trapezoid in form than "box". But anyways, I could be wrong and I'd always check on the molt no matter what people say ;)