1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mature M P. Irminia,going mad!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Grael, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Grael

Grael Arachnolord Old Timer

Wales
    Advertisement
    since hes matued hes running around his tank likes he on speed! and everytime i open it up he tries to get out!!!

im guessing hes just horny and wants some action, ive done some advertising but no luck.....i have a mature F P. Cambriedgei(spelling >_<) think it will calm him down if i mate him with her?i dout i will keep the spiderlings from the results, maybe just one or two for myself.

but are mature males known to calm down once they had they done thier bit?

2. Personally I'd persevere in trying to locate someone with a female P. irminia rather than bring so many unwanted slings into the world. I couldn't imagine putting down all those cute, fuzzy babies. Just the idea makes me want to cry. :(

I think, if I remember correctly, a mature male's instinct is to get it on with as many females as possible, so I doubt a one night stand will really calm him down. Arachno-experts, can you back me up?

Greensleeves

3. MizM

MizM Arachnoprincess Old Timer

The males of ANY species that I've bred haven't calmed down after mating once or twenty times! It's their instinct to wander once they mature, and to spread the love as far and as long as they can. I would definitley keep trying to find a mate, did you check with the Arachnodealers?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  4. Grael

Grael Arachnolord Old Timer

Wales
    yea ive checked every british source i could find, guess ill wait until ones comes alone.

5. Bearskin10

Bearskin10 Arachnoprince Old Timer

Hey Grael, someone else on this board did what you are talking about, if I remember I think it was The Don you should PM him. From what I remember of the post he was in pretty much the same sitituation as you where he advertised about have a mature male but noone took he up so he finaly just put the irminia with the cambridgei. I don't remember if they ever mated or not so the rest is a ? Greg