Mating updates

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So far so good. Just wanting to keep everyone informed.
I checked my record book and by my surprise, this gal was mated on 10/28/07. I remember seeing a little bit of what could have been a left over sperm web by the male, so I just gave it a shot. This was the first time they met and the only mating that was witnessed. As soon as it began, it was over. Only lasted a couple seconds, I was certain it was unsuccessful. Today during feediing time I knowticed she has gained A LOT of weight...
L. parahybana

Redid the big schmidti's enclosure a couple days ago also. She seems to be doing good.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These two have been cohabing since 10/26/07. And the male is still alive. Today I looked through the side of her tub and they were side by side... I believe this is very odd for this species too... They also eat right by eachother.
H. sp. "gigas"

You can see the male down in the bottom of her burrow.

This beaut was mated in September, I did not write the exact date. She is putting on excess weight as well.
A. chalcodes

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And lastly, the big crawshayi was mated on 11/25/07 and 11/27/07. It seems very early for anything to be happening, but it is... :confused: She has done a ton of digging and finally stopped at the end of the tank and made a HUGE chamber. The chamber itself is around 9" around. It is absolutely amazing when watching her through all of this.
I've bumped the temp up to 80-82 and started raising the humidity up a lot since two weeks ago, which is steady at 78%. Her abdomen has already become enormous. Here are some pictures. Sorry for the bad quality...
You can clearly see her chamber.

night picture

Hopefully something will happen with one of these girl within the next month or so.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You always give us some interesting things to see and amaze, Austin. Your H gigas cohabing for eight weeks?? Amazing.:worship: How did you decide to let the male stay with her?

Gorgeous H schmidti, nice markings! I love all the haps.

What size is your A chal, and the male?? Mine is so small, especially his abdomen. I'll definitely que up for some slings there. :} :}

Well done on all matings!! Thanks for the detailed updates!:clap: :clap:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Austin-its always awesome to hear positive breeding reports! You can put me on your sling list if your A.Chalcodes is gravid, she is a beaut!
Getting off track for a min, the female A. Hentzi you sent me is doing great & is putting on some size herself & has been busy digging a backdoor from her lower level hide & kicking sub into her water dish{D !