Mated T but it failed

Kurt014

Arachnopeon
Hi guy i've been searching the whole internet but did not found any answers. I recently got a Nhandu Chromatus around 5 inches. The guy who sell the T said that he attempted to mate the T but it failed because the T molted. Does it still gonna molt afterwards? And my second question is if a T dropped a sac, after shess laid an eggeee Will it gonna molt or stays on the current size forever? Thanks for the response

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I'm assuming the one you have is the female? It will continue to molt, but it won't molt again any time soon if that last molt was recent. It never dropped the eggsac because one was never made. When a mated female molts, she sheds everything, and is once again unfertilized.

She will continue to molt regularly for the rest of her life, and she should continue to grow, but as an adult her growth will be less notable

Kurt014

Arachnopeon
Yes. It's a female and what is the maximum size of the Nhandu Chromatus by the way?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I could be wrong, but I thought females topped out at around 5 or 6 inches DLS. My two are still juveniles. Maybe wait on more experienced people to chime in

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Females can get as large as 7". I would expect a female to live in the area of 12-15 years.
I figured you'd know for sure, but I also figured you'd chime in on your own so I didn't need to tag you :rofl:

boina

Lady of the mites
I'm assuming the one you have is the female? It will continue to molt, but it won't molt again any time soon if that last molt was recent. It never dropped the eggsac because one was never made. When a mated female molts, she sheds everything, and is once again unfertilized.

She will continue to molt regularly for the rest of her life, and she should continue to grow, but as an adult her growth will be less notable
You should become a teacher. I couldn't even figure out what the question was :rofl:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
You should become a teacher. I couldn't even figure out what the question was :rofl:
That's not the first time I've been told that. Maybe some day when I decide I can tolerate the general human population, I'll take that career choice into consideration :rofl: