Mastigoproctus sp. Growth Rate

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
I have not seen a good thread on this topic, and I am wondering, how long does it take for a Mastigoproctus sp. uropygid to reach a mature size? I am looking at getting a juvenile at some point (defined as less than two inches by the seller I have been looking at), but if they grow very slowly, then I may just get a more expensive adult and skip the likely delicate immature stage as this will be my first uropygid.

Last edited:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They're on the slower side in terms of growth. I believe they only molt once a year, but smaller ones may molt more frequently.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
They're on the slower side in terms of growth. I believe they only molt once a year, but smaller ones may molt more frequently.
My little one I got at thumbnail size still only molts once a year when it creates an underground chamber to over winter.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
So I would say beyond the first molt or two it is still only yearly molts even for little vinegaroons.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Heard that they grow really slowly, sometimes maybe a couple of years before the next molt but yearly should be more common.