Massive T stirmi molting troubles

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
So I put it on top of my retics cage about a foot and a half away from her heat lamp and it registers at 80.2 when the ac has been off for a while and 76.2 with it on. Put some substrate on the sides because the Tupperware was unstable in the bigger tub. Using panty hose as my surface. View attachment 288692 View attachment 288691 View attachment 288690
Not bad. I only use paper towels instead of substrate. Wouldn't out more than 10 small holes in the lid.. they're pretty susceptible to drying out when young.

Versijewels

Arachnopeon
Not bad. I only use paper towels instead of substrate. Wouldn't out more than 10 small holes in the lid.. they're pretty susceptible to drying out when young.
Yeah I figured the sub would also allow a little extra humidity. Will the red light bother them? I could paint the outside of it with some non toxic black paint?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Yeah I figured the sub would also allow a little extra humidity. Will the red light bother them? I could paint the outside of it with some non toxic black paint?
No. Mine have always endured some natural light and led room lighting with no issues.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
With any moist spider, I would always have a big full water dish regardless of the situation.

I had a wild caught scorpion deliver some "surprise" scorplings of which I kept one. The youngsters can absolutely be viable.

Versijewels

Arachnopeon
I’ve noticed her sac seems a little more deflated and less like a big round ball how I imagined.

boina

Lady of the mites
Sacs aren't big and round to begin with. They are pretty loosely packed since there needs to be space inside for when the spiderlings hatch and molt to first instar. After that it will be bigger and rounder.

Btw., I like your cat :).