mark murphy

mark murphy

Arachnopeon
is it ok to put a small water dish into my enclosure.I have a one inch mexican red leg ?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I give mine bottle cap water bowls when they are ~1 - 1.5" DLS. I use the rule of thumb - water bowl no wider than legspan of spider. Be prepared for it to fill it with substrate...

Jared781

Arachnobaron
I give mine bottle cap water bowls when they are ~1 - 1.5" DLS. I use the rule of thumb - water bowl no wider than legspan of spider. Be prepared for it to fill it with substrate...
yes!! i give my slings 1" and up Water bottle lids!.. sometimes i give 3/4" slings the same thing but i only fill half the bottom with water so they'll crawl in then climb back out then they're finished!

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Replace the wood chips with coco husk eco earth and/or peat moss. Wood chips can be too sharp and rough and may cause injury. Also some smaller slings like to borrow which they can't do with wood chips. The eco earth and peat moss will also help maintain some humidity. The species you have actually prefer it on the dry side as they get bigger, but for slings you might want to slightly dampen one side of container and add a small water dish.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The best water dish I've ever found has been plastic caps from vials. I have P.irminia slings under an inch and they each have a tiny vial cap of water.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't . . . . I have some well over 3' without a h20 cap.
But that's me, if it's not needed it's not used.

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It mostly depends on the hobbyist but as for me I give my Ts that are +2" a water bowl. The smaller ones I just mist the sides of the enclosure.