Mantis Nymph molt issue?

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
So recently I went out of town for a bit and while I was gone my Golden H. Nymph molted.But I noticed she seemed to not be relying on one foot and it appears that somehow her molt went wrong on her back foot! It's tiny and dark colored along with the leg above it, she acts fine other than keeping off it sometimes. Will it disappear with her next molt? And do I need to worry?

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So recently I went out of town for a bit and while I was gone my Golden H. Nymph molted.But I noticed she seemed to not be relying on one foot and it appears that somehow her molt went wrong on her back foot! It's tiny and dark colored along with the leg above it, she acts fine other than keeping off it sometimes. Will it disappear with her next molt? And do I need to worry?
I have had this happen with Mantids in the past as well. Sometimes due to a bad molt, other times due to an injury (like one poor fool that suddenly tried to bolt for no reason and got a leg caught in the lid that I was re-attaching to the Enclosure).

Usually the next molt corrects the problem.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
I have had this happen with Mantids in the past as well. Sometimes due to a bad molt, other times due to an injury (like one poor fool that suddenly tried to bolt for no reason and got a leg caught in the lid that I was re-attaching to the Enclosure).

Usually the next molt corrects the problem.
That's good to know! I hoped that was the case but I've never had a molt issue whith any of my spiders, (though I once had an issue whith a butterfly,not the same thing obviously) so just wanted to make sure ! Thanks for the reassurance:)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That's good to know! I hoped that was the case but I've never had a molt issue whith any of my spiders, (though I once had an issue whith a butterfly,not the same thing obviously) so just wanted to make sure ! Thanks for the reassurance:)
Nice Mantis, btw. Looks healthy.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Well I do try to keep them all fat and happy ;D though the mantis is the one who'll eat and eat, and not gain any weight...sometines it a little concerning. I want that metabolism!
Usually as nymphs and what not the abdomen can be variable. When adult though you want to limit their food intake so they don't end up with a giant melon for an abdomen. That would be asking for trouble.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
When adult though you want to limit their food intake so they don't end up with a giant melon for an abdomen. [/QUOTe Yeah Ive seen photos of some pretty fat adults, It does sound dangerous for them to be so heavy. I don't really want a melon shaped mantis either XD but usually she'll let her abdomen hang vertically to the floor post eating(when upside down obviously), which is how I figure she's basically the mantis version of full and happy!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Mine hang almost exclusively upside down from the lid. I used to provide all kinds of awesome habitats with plants and sticks and what not but all they ever do is sit on the lid upside down.

Now all they get is a big stick, maybe a plant or two, and a couple inches of substrate. That's it.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Now all they get is a big stick, maybe a plant or two, and a couple inches of substrate. That's it.
That's her too! Sometimes she'll hang from the stick when hunting (so she can reach the floor) but shes so inactive that I really only decorate for show Why cant they just always be entertaining?!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That's her too! Sometimes she'll hang from the stick when hunting (so she can reach the floor) but shes so inactive that I really only decorate for show Why cant they just always be entertaining?!
In nature they are Ambush Predators, I can only assume that because they are not in a natural environment they don't act the way they would out there in a grassy field.