making hingeless nonsliding lids?

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was wondering if anybody has some tips for hingeless lids that aren't of the sliding type. I've put together a cd-enclosure-sized acrylic box but I screwed up when fixating the last acrylic hinges that I had. I figured there has to be a way or two to make lids that don't demand hinges and still stay escapeproof for a smallish tarantula past its sling period.

If nothing else I'll try and post picks of whatever solution I go with.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Could try something that pins in to place. Also could do latches from the lid that connects to the actual enclosure.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Magnets?

Is this a, 'whatever might be lying around the house Macgyver' situation, or are you just tired of hinges?

I think have a good idea of what you're building, but pictures could be helpful for coming up with ideas.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Ive seen ppl using duct tape as locks and Velcro as latches not my thing but pics would be helpful

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
As mentioned earlier, pins or velcro are probably your best bets. I'm remaking a crested gecko tank and am likely going to use velcro to attach the screen lid into the front of my tank (it'll have a vertical screen which is the access point into the tank)