1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Make some sort of clear indication that the myriapod section is for centipedes and millipedes.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by NYAN, May 5, 2018.

1. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    Advertisement
    I don’t think this has been brought up before, but I see a lot of people posting centipede related questions etc. In the insects and other arthropods section of the site. Because of this, sometimes the insect and other arthropod area will have more myriapod related posts daily than the myriapod section. My suggestion is to rename the myriapod form something like centipedes, millipedes and other myriapods to allow for better clarity.

2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

TBF, the board's description is "This forum is for discussions and questions pertaining to Centipedes and Millipedes."

In the meantime, if you notice any misplaced threads, please report them, and we'll be happy to move them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Draketeeth

Draketeeth Arachnoknight

USA
    Semi-related inquiry, does this apply to Gallery pics too filed under the wrong category, or just threads?

4. Ungoliant

To both.

Although I have been monitoring new gallery uploads, so you should not see too many mis-filed photos more than 24-48 hours after they were uploaded.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Hey, Myriapod section isn't just for centipedes and millipedes. What about symphalans and pauropods? But on a more serious note, I think we should have these as our subforums.

Insects
    Arachnids
    Myriapods
    Crustaceans
    Vertebrates
    Other animals

What do you think?

6. Ungoliant

Arachnoboards already requires quite a bit of scrolling to find the right board as it is. Therefore, I would be reluctant to add more boards unless there is a demonstrated high demand for them.

I doubt that "crustaceans" and "other animals" get enough threads to warrant having separate boards. (What animals do people keep that are not vertebrates, arachnids, insects, myriapods, or crustaceans? Not very many.)

I think "Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods" is adequate for those animals, given that they are less popular topics on our forum. (Even with the thousands of species covered by that category, it is still the lowest total post count board and the second lowest-thread count board under "Other Arachnopets.")

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I'm not saying we add these in edition to the ones we have, but rather as an alternative system to our existing one. In case you don't know, the "other animals" is for things like annelids and molluscs

8. Ungoliant

Right, but that's still one extra board (six versus our current five), two of which are likely to have very low volume.

I am aware that there are other animals that fit in that category. What I am saying is that they are not sufficiently common as pets (or discussed as pets) to warrant a separate board. Including them in the catch-all of "other invertebrates & arthropods" suffices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reasonable enough

10. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

Help! My enclosure thermometer is giving me a reading of 28 degrees, and I am SURE it is in the low 80's!

Gah! My bad! Wrong forum. I feel pretty stupid. Would a mod please transfer this post to the myriapod form? I think that's the place for discussion of centigrades, right? Can't believe I made such a rookie mistake! :eek:

• Award Award x 1