Maintenance time

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I haven't been on this forum for a long time, nice to see it is still very active and full of nice and caring tarantula keepers :);).

I've been delaying maintenance of my Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Greenbottle blue) tarantula enclosure for a long time. It has been in there for more then a year without any major cleanings. So today was the day to do it :embarrassed::). I took some pics along and just wanted to share. Hope you will enjoy it :happy:.

Regards,
Billy

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm curious what needed cleaning? I have tarantulas that have been in enclosures for years without being "cleaned." That is an awesome set up!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice setup, reminds me of what I saw from a video of them in natural habitat.

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
I'm curious what needed cleaning? I have tarantulas that have been in enclosures for years without being "cleaned." That is an awesome set up!
Well, my GBB is a display spider, more or less. I have it in my living room. I like the glass clean, not all pooped up :happy:. I removed all the boluses from its cave and all the dead crickets laying around. And after that, I always put some fresh dried leaves in.

The cork bark is actually a plastic root for aquarium. I managed to find some old pics of when it was made.

Regards,
Billy