Magicmeds picture thread

magicmed

Arachnobaron
My first T that earned himself a name, "Digger". I gave this little guy a starter burrow but he elected to make his own, never really stopped digging lol

Attachments

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Yep! There's 8 black skirt tetra, 6 red glass barbs, 10 (soon to be 20) harlequin rasbora, 8 bronze Cory cats, 4 giant cories (emerald catfish I believe, basically just giant cories) a golden doji loach (want more), albino long fin bristle nose pleco, and a couple zebra danio from a school I had in there years ago lol. They just chill with everyone now

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yep! There's 8 black skirt tetra, 6 red glass barbs, 10 (soon to be 20) harlequin rasbora, 8 bronze Cory cats, 4 giant cories (emerald catfish I believe, basically just giant cories) a golden doji loach (want more), albino long fin bristle nose pleco, and a couple zebra danio from a school I had in there years ago lol. They just chill with everyone now
I love corydoras, we have a few different kinds here too. The emerald, peppered, albino and had some pandas. They are very funny to watch, silly and hyper little things.

Love plecos, especially the bristlenose, they aren't as shy as the others and are very hard workers.

Your tank needs some spider wood, that would really set off the layout for those schools to swim around plus there'd be a lot of room still. It may be hard to find though, it's not readily available everywhere.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
You know I do. Do I see some baby angelfish or some skirt terra?
I love corydoras, we have a few different kinds here too. The emerald, peppered, albino and had some pandas. They are very funny to watch, silly and hyper little things.

Love plecos, especially the bristlenose, they aren't as shy as the others and are very hard workers.

Your tank needs some spider wood, that would really set off the layout for those schools to swim around plus there'd be a lot of room still. It may be hard to find though, it's not readily available everywhere.
I would love some wood in there actually, just can't ever find anything pretty that I think would be safe haha. I'm always so worried about tannins even when I shouldn't be haha. I didn't think some wood would look great with the pothos and anubias plants.

I forgot, I also have 2 German rams in there because they're some of my favorite fish, I guess it's easy to forget the showpieces lol. They're tiny but I love the colors and personality. Some day I'd like to have more variety of cories like you do as well :)

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would love some wood in there actually, just can't ever find anything pretty that I think would be safe haha. I'm always so worried about tannins even when I shouldn't be haha. I didn't think some wood would look great with the pothos and anubias plants.

I forgot, I also have 2 German rams in there because they're some of my favorite fish, I guess it's easy to forget the showpieces lol. They're tiny but I love the colors and personality. Some day I'd like to have more variety of cories like you do as well :)
Tannins are perfectly safe, if it's the color you dislike you can add some activated carbon media to your filters to absorb it. You can combat the ph drop by doing more water changes til the tannin leakage subsides too. Oh, spider wood doesn't leech out much tannins, bonus.

I know what you mean about finding the right piece of wood for the tank. They can be quite pricey too.

I wish I could keep some rams, they're gorgeous. My water here is too harsh for them being so sensitive and I'm too lazy to alter it.

Btw, your tank inspired me to go get some more pothos this weekend. Pothos rule.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Tannins are perfectly safe, if it's the color you dislike you can add some activated carbon media to your filters to absorb it. You can combat the ph drop by doing more water changes til the tannin leakage subsides too. Oh, spider wood doesn't leech out much tannins, bonus.

I know what you mean about finding the right piece of wood for the tank. They can be quite pricey too.

I wish I could keep some rams, they're gorgeous. My water here is too harsh for them being so sensitive and I'm too lazy to alter it.

Btw, your tank inspired me to go get some more pothos this weekend. Pothos rule.
That's awesome I've always been afraid of tannins, nice to know they're ok for the fish at least :).

And I fully agree on pothos being awesome. I have 2 potted ones on my porch, then some coming out of the gravel in the tank, the hob filter (gutted just for mechanical filtration) and that little deli cup in the tank all have pothos going crazy haha. It's really cool actually the roots of the ones in the hob filter have grown all the way through the filter and down into the water, I love how easily they grow in the tank and out :)

20160510_143230.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Like? More like LOVE! You're going to love her... I promise. They're awesome. :)