Magicmeds picture thread

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I love what you've done with your water dish for this tyke. The water dish situation is horrible in my avic enclosures because they open from the top. It is so awkward getting the dish out for cleaning - past all their webbing and fake plants. I end up spilling water in the substrate. I stick a paper towel in the dish with my tongs to soak up the water before removing it. It is a nightmare. I really need to get front opening enclosures made.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I love what you've done with your water dish for this tyke. The water dish situation is horrible in my avic enclosures because they open from the top. It is so awkward getting the dish out for cleaning - past all their webbing and fake plants. I end up spilling water in the substrate. I stick a paper towel in the dish with my tongs to soak up the water before removing it. It is a nightmare. I really need to get front opening enclosures made.
I found it easy to fill a water dish in an extremely webbed/cluttered top opening enclosure using a spray bottle and a straw. Just hold the straw to the nozzle hole and aim the straw. If done right it will just drip. An eyedropper would work in small enclosures like deli cups.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I found it easy to fill a water dish in an extremely webbed/cluttered top opening enclosure using a spray bottle and a straw. Just hold the straw to the nozzle hole and aim the straw. If done right it will just drip. An eyedropper would work in small enclosures like deli cups.
I've actually been using the straw and water bottle method, I ordered 100 pipettes off eBay a couple days ago, I think those will work wonders, especially when combined with a straw for super tall enclosures where the water dish is low. I'm planning on ordering a couple A. Avics soon so i set up their enclosures already, I've had such an easy time with my versicolors setup that I basically duplicated it for the A. Avics, just about half the size since I'm getting these guys at around .5" :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I put some water dishes on the floor of several 32oz deli cups and they are easy to water for the most part. I dislike having to take them out to clean/replace when they get fouled though. To me it is a pain having to dig down (past plants and webbing) so far to get to them. I'll be doing the cup-in-a-cup on the side of those enclosures soon as I find it easier to access when using a top opening enclosure.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I put some water dishes on the floor of several 32oz deli cups and they are easy to water for the most part. I dislike having to take them out to clean/replace when they get fouled though. To me it is a pain having to dig down (past plants and webbing) so far to get to them. I'll be doing the cup-in-a-cup on the side of those enclosures soon as I find it easier to access when using a top opening enclosure.
I get the convenience of that method but I don't see the big deal of replacing the entire water dish and getting your hands (hemostats) a little dirty. I just use bottle caps or fish food lids sitting on the substrate. I have an abundance of those coming and going. Then again, I do enjoy seeing the reactions my intrusions bring about whether they be passive, inquisitive, confrontational or flighty. Not that I like to needlessly pester my creatures, just appreciate the interaction. I find it keeps me sharp and I get a better understanding of an individual's demeanor.

One of the great things about this hobby is so many people use different tactics in every aspect of husbandry and so many things work.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Looks like a pet rock. :p
She's pretty lazy lol, but she's 12 now so she's got a right to be haha. She's the silliest dog I've ever known, she's gotta have that snoopy blanket next to her to sleep. In colder months she will whine to tell me she wants to be covered up, and goes right to sleep. Goofy pup