Made my first enclosure. Does it look ok?

Jayk

Arachnopeon
well, I bought an avic and forgot that they tend to web at the top of the enclosure so I had to make a new enclosure for the little guy.

What do you think?

PS: there is now a waterdish in there too.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
well, I bought an avic and forgot that they tend to web at the top of the enclosure so I had to make a new enclosure for the little guy.

What do you think?

PS: there is now a waterdish in there too.
I’d say it’s pretty good but avics like a lot of plant cover towards the top so get some fake plants and just put them towards the top. Other than that it looks great.!!!

It would be the perfect setup for psalmopoeus sling with a little bit more sub if you ever get into those.

Last edited:

sdeveikis

Arachnopeon
nice small setup, but avics actually prefer plants and different anchor points at the top of their enclosure to web up and help feel secure, and little to nothing at the bottom as they don't spend any significant time down there and the clutter just makes it easier for feeders to hide :bag::bag::bag:

And just in case you haven't seen them, there are a couple great posts that give an excellent rundown of basic avic care:
by @viper69 Avicularia husbandry
by @Venom1080 Avicularia care

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
That looks pretty good just try modifying a little adding anchor points. Even if you choose not to I'm sure your little sling will do just fine. Mind if I ask where you got the actual enclosure (display case?)

buzz182

Arachnosquire
That looks pretty good just try modifying a little adding anchor points. Even if you choose not to I'm sure your little sling will do just fine. Mind if I ask where you got the actual enclosure (display case?)
It looks like a ferrero rocher container, theyre fairly straight forward to make.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
It looks like a ferrero rocher container, theyre fairly straight forward to make.
its fairly straightforward to make a ferrero rocher container?! wow you should teach me. I usually just buy them.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's a good start. I'd put some holes in the front too.