made holes in plastic container, sharp edges inside

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I punctured a plastic container from the outside to make air holes. the plastic is so thin that I can puncture it with a small screwdriver. but since I punctured from the outside, there are now some sharp bits on the inside. I have tried a knife but i can't get rid of them properly.

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
Soldering iron if your using a screwdriver sounds like they are decent size holes..a soldering iron put in the holes for a second with melt the edges and make them not so sharp

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
its a small screwdriver, holes are only 3 mm. don't have a soldering iron.

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
Heat up the screw driver a bit to melt the holes allittle then otherwise ur just going to be going at it with a knife like you have been

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
never had problems with those sharp edges, a bunch of my plastic containers have them. i agree with blackout on how to get rid of them.

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
Really this. Screwed one container up trying to make it perfect.
Yep I've learned that close is perfect lol. I drilled like 20 holes in an amac box one time doing round vents and went meh I'll do one more cracked the whole thing...I'm happy with..that's close enough now haha

TarantulasWorld

Arachnosquire
Soldering iron. Dirt cheap online now a days. Id reccomend small pieve of sand paper to sand down the already made holes

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I got different enclosures (was only like €3 total) and made the holes from the inside so that sharp edges are on the outside.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got different enclosures (was only like €3 total) and made the holes from the inside so that sharp edges are on the outside.
If you dont have access to a deburring tool or chamfer tool, I've used oversized drill bits. Take one and just spin it between your fingers.