Madagascar hissing cockroach care

Maddiemaybearachnids

Arachnopeon
What do you use to condition the water, could I use fish dechlorinator or should I stick to repti safe or something else

Can I safely keep two males and what size enclousire do they need to not fight and how many hides

Do they burrow

What temperature should they be at and what temperatures do I need to avoid having them in for example if my room temperature changed, my ac and heat have gone out in the past

What humidity

Similar to the humidity question, if I use eco earth, or whatever substrate

What substrate

Which ever one you suggested how damp should it be

Ultra dumb question to they burrow I know that’s dumb but I haven’t seen anything saying that they dont

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
They require no water conditioner.

You can indeed. Something around the size of a 5 gallon tank should do nicely and 2+ hides should be fine. The males will likely still fight a bit now and then, but as long as they can each claim their own "territory", things should get too intense.

They are not burrowers, but may attempt to dart underneath the substrate if frightened.

Since you're not breeding, temps won't matter that much, but they should always stay somewhere from the low 60s to the mid 80s. They can handle temps slightly over those parameters for at least a short amount of time, but they shouldn't ever go below the parameters.

They are ultra dry-resistant and don't necessarily even require a substrate, although I use one and would suggest using one as well. I use a mix of sphagnum moss, cypress mulch, dead hardwood leaves, coconut fiber, and coconut husk, but there are many simpler options that will work such as coconut fiber by itself. They basically should just have a source of moisture available at all times, so you can keep the substrate bone dry if you always give them a supply of water crystals or fruit, or if not, at least a corner of the substrate should be kept moist.

craze horse

Arachnosquire
Lol. Mine have spider life substrate, and several pieces of bark. I have about 19 adults in terra viv 12 x 12 x 18, spray them regular and feed them whatever veg I have around and fish flakes. Been fine for last few years !

Guy Moss

Arachnopeon
I have hundreds of hissers now, and I try to keep the substrate (coconut fiber) as dry as possible, as I have been through the whole problem of mold in the tank due to excess moisture. As mentioned above things like watermelon and other fruits eliminate the need for a water source.

fried rice

Arachnoknight
They should have more floor space than height. Substrate is not necessary but is good to have because it makes enclosures easier to clean. They can eat fruit and dog/cat food.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
A sterilite 6-qt container/tub should be good. about a half inch or so of substrate(coco fiber, reptisoil, etc) and some cork bark or some egg crate. Humidity should be relatively high if you want them to breed, and offer dog/fish/cat/ferret/etc food and fresh fruits and veggies.