1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macro lenses

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by Greasylake, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince Active Member

Texas
    Advertisement
    What do you guys use? I'm not looking for one that'll break the bank (I'm taking about the ones over a grand), but I don't want something cheap either. I have a Nikon D5000, if it matters to anyone.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ebayzo

Ebayzo Arachnopeon

Using a Sigma 105mm F2.8 on my Canon 77D (also available for Nikon). It's amazing for a reasonable price (+/- €400 new).

No problem getting pictures like this (was one of the first with the lens in open world)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. VanessaS

VanessaS Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

I use a Sony 50mm. I also have a Tamron 100mm, but it is a huge lens and very heavy. I only use that lens for outdoor purposes when I can't get as close to the subject. All my home shots are done with the 50mm, because it is far lighter and won't cast a shadow when I use the on camera flash.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ebayzo

Ebayzo Arachnopeon

hehe, i dont have the option in two lenses atm. So i chose the 105mm to be more versatile in outside world. It is indeed massive and heavy. Didn't notice shadows tho. But also using ring flash alot.

5. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

How is quality control at Tamron these days? I had a Tamron telephoto which did a great job but refused to defy gravity. Self adjusting when pointing up or down.