1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macro lens for iPhone

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by NYAN, Dec 9, 2018.

1. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    Advertisement
    Hi all,

I have been pondering getting a macro lens for my iPhone for a little while. I have a few ideas as to which one I may want, but would like recommendations. I am not looking to spend a whole lot, but from what I gather, they aren’t that pricy generally.

2. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoking Active Member

CT
    I use to use a $15 dollar one I got on Amazon. Worked fine but was so hard to get a clear picture. I hear Olloclip is good too.

3. MrTwister

MrTwister Arachnoknight

I use one called “hit case” I believe. Has a case that goes around phone and various lenses can be attached. Works pretty good, but you need to be very close with the macro. Closer then I would get to a large T, or any size ow.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 1
  4. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

Doesn't it require a large and higher quality lens to get a farther away focal distance? I was looking at macro lenses for our Nikon a while back and the shop had additional add on lenses for the macro lens that allowed a farther distance away from the camera. One cute little number that allowed a working distance of 200mm away for only $800.

5. MrTwister

MrTwister Arachnoknight

For iPhone lenses the “macro” lense is essentially a fish eye lense. When placed super close to the subject it will have moments of focus where it can take a half decent pic. The camera has trouble focusing so I usually spam the button to get a usable shot.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA